Chapter Five

Once I got home I ran to my room. Why, why did he have to see me break, now he's going to act weird and start asking questions. Well, I won't budge, I can't budge. Grr, it's almost 3:00, have to get homework done and then off to work. 

"Here you go, thanks for coming," I say to one of the last customers.

"Oh, excuse me, can you help me with this dress?" A customer asks with the zipper, not all the way zipped. I walk over with sore feet. 

"Ya. There, it looks perfect." I say the dress did look really good on her. It seemed to help her thin body look kinda curvy. 

"Do you really mean that or are you just saying that to make me buy it?" She asks with a smile. 

"No, I really do like it on you," I say truthfully.

"Ok, you're right I love it." I just smile and let her admire her dress.

"Thanks for your help before." She says as she comes up to pay for it.

"No problem," I say as I scanned the price. "24.99 is your total," I replie, she gave me her card and I recognized the name. I think she was in one of my classes. "Here you go," I hand her her card back and gave her the dress.

"Thanks."

"Have a nice night." After cleaning the store and locking everything up, I went to leave, but I heard a noise in the back. "Clink." I heard something again. I slowly made my way back to the end of the store. I saw something. What was back ther- "Ahhhh." I scream as a rat runs towards me. It was a rat, just a rat Anna. I shivered nasty creatures.

After I locked the front door I headed out of the mall. Some stores lights were still on, but other than that a few it was pretty quiet. Once I got outside I realized that I forgot my jacket. Grrr. I'm going to have to get it tomorrow because the keys are already with Jojo. She's the boss and I see her car pulling out of the parking lot. Great, I only have one jacket and it's in the store. I get into my car and drive home. Once I walk in I went right to sleep.

---

Bring, bring, bring. "Ohm, shut up," I throw one of the pillows. My alarm is in my room though. I slowly got up and went to my room to turn off the damn alarm. At least it's Friday, everyone loves Friday. After 45 minutes I'm ready to go to school. I just hope I don't have to deal with Nate. I start walking to school because it's only a few blocks but halfway there I get cold because I don't have my jacket. With my arms tight around me I practically run to school. 

Once I get to school my hopes are already ruined. I see him and his group and they start walking over to me. Great, not. "Just leave me alone," I plead trying to go around them. So, not in the mood to deal with his ass. 

"Or what? You going to get your boyfriend to stand up for you," Nate says mockingly, what was he talking about a boyfriend? I just got to the school and I only hang out with one person, Rosie. 

"What are you talking about?" I ask more confused than anything.

"What do you not know?" Nate asks laughing a little.

"Know what?" I ask, getting annoyed that he wasn't telling me. He loves knowing things that other's don't.

"Your boyfriend Matthew, ring a bell in that small mind of yours."

"He's not my boyfriend and at least I have a small mind instead of no mind like you," I say grinning a little as his friends a looked at him waiting for him to say something back.

"How would you know if I had a small mind or not?" He says grinning. So he wants to play, he was on.

"Because if you did, you wouldn't need people to do projects for you, you then take the credit for it," I say remembering yesterday. I really need to know when to shut up though because he started walking towards me and once again he looked really pissed. "Let's go." A familiar voice says. It was Rosie. She pushes me forward and we go to our lockers.