Chapter Twenty

Random video, but holy crap is she good. Wow. Falling to pieces by The Script. The singer is Maddi Jane.

Once we get to my grandparent's house she's asleep. She looks so peaceful, but I know she's going to have to talk about what happened. It's around 11:00 so my grandparents are probably asleep, great that means I'm going to have to be very quiet. I get Anna's seatbelt off which was not cooperative and pick her up, being careful not to hurt her and to make sure she stays asleep. I get up to the door and go to open it, but my grandma gets the door. "Come on." She whispers and moves out of the way to let me walk in.

"Thanks." I whisper back. She nods her head.

"I'll bring her into my room and sleep on the couch or something," I say quietly and start walking up the stairs.

"You can sleep in the same room, I think she'll need the comfort anyway." My grandma says and smiles at me. I smile back and open my door. I put her on my bed and she moves a little and I think I woke her up, but she just goes back to sleep. Whew, I think to my self. I change because I was in jeans and grab an extra pillow, blanket and go to sleep on the couch because I don't want Anna to feel like I'm pushing her.

"Please stay, don't leave." I hear Anna say. She sounds scared.

"Okay." I say and climb into bed with her. She snuggles up to me and we fall asleep within a few minutes.

Anna's P.O.V.

I wake up in warm arms. I turn and see Matt. Why does he stick around knowing so much? I wonder to my self. He's always helping me, but all I've been is a pain. He got hurt because of me and he still helps me. I will never understand him, but I'm glad he's here for me for now. I'm not anything special so I shouldn't get too comfortable with having someone who cares about me. 

I glance at the clock, 5:16am. I get out of his grip and go outside his room. My side doesn't hurt, which is surprising. I find the stairs to go down and try to find a bathroom. "You're up early." I hear a voice. She makes me jumped about 5 feet. "Sorry didn't mean to scare you." She says smiling a little.

"It's ok, I'm just a little jumpy," I say smiling at her and leaning against a wall. 

"I can understand why." She says and goes into her kitchen. "Do you want some coffee?" She asks making a cup for herself.

"No thanks, I don't drink coffee," I say a little grossed out. To me, it tastes like warm water with really bad seasoning.

"K, what would you like?" She says and opens the door.

"You have any fake coffee or cappuccinos?" I ask a little shy.

"Yes, Matthew loves cappuccinos, you're in luck." She says and starts grabbing things from her cupboard.

"Um, where's your bathroom?" I ask remembering the reason I came down here.

"Just on the left down the hall." She says not taking her eyes away from the coffee machine. After I use the restroom I come out and Matt's grandma is sitting on the couch holding two cups of warm liquid. "Come sit, I don't bite." She says and looks next to her. I sit down and she hands me the cappuccino.

"Thanks." I say and take a drink of it. It really hot, but it's good. I sit down and it takes a while, but I get down.

"No problem." She says taking a drink of her coffee.

"Sorry about coming here, I don't know why he didn't bring me to my house, but-"

"I told him to bring you here." She says looking at me. I give her a confused look. "I wanted to talk to you, about some things." I don't like the way this is going. "I know you like my son, and he likes you back, but if you hurt him you will regret it, he's my little boy."