Chapter Eighteen

"Rosie. Rosie chill out." I say shaking her shoulders.

"I can't chill out." She says looking at me with wide eyes.

"It's not that big of a deal," I say removing my hands from her shoulders.

"Not a big deal, you and Mathew are dating and it's not a big deal. Explain how that's not a big deal." She squeals almost yelling.

"Shhh, the whole world doesn't need to know that I'm dating him," I say covering her mouth.

She lowered her voice. "Sorry but that's big news ok." I roll my eyes at her and sit down. It was lunchtime.

"Hey, what's up with her," Zach asks sitting down.

"She's overreacting," I say and started eating. Where was Matt, he's normally here by now.

"I'm not," Rosie says in protest. Zach looks at us confused. Rosie says, "She's dating Matthew and says its not a big deal."

Zach chokes on his pizza. "What? You two are dating? Crap." He says and takes out a 20 dollar bill.

"Ha, ha," Rosie says.

I look at Rosie."You bet on me?" I ask a little insulted, but getting over it quickly.

"He said you guys would date within a month, I said it would be around the end of the year, and I was closer."

"Well, it's been a week if that helps you Zach." He shakes his head and Rosie glares at me. "Whatever. Speaking of him, where is he?" Right as I say that he walks in. "Where were you?"

"My cousin came to talk to me." He says and he sounded upset.

"What's wrong with that?"

"My cousin and I don't get along very well and my parents live with his parents." He says sitting down with his tray.

"So what did he want?" I ask still confused.

"He told me to watch my back and I would regret something." He shakes his head. 

"Weird," I say, trying to think of someone that would say that and why. What could have made his cousin so upset?

"Whatever, so what's going on?" Matt asks still a little annoyed.

"You tell us," Zach says smiling and pointing to Matt and I. He looks at me confused.

"I told them, well Rosie and she told him."

"Ohhh," He says looking at me. I blush a little.

"They bet on us," I say trying to get them to stop staring at me.

"Doesn't surprise me." He says. He still seems a little on edge and I want to know why someone would say that, and what would he regret? He looks at the time and we realize it's time to get to our classes. "See you in later." He says and kisses my forehead. I smile at him and put my tray away. I start walking to my locker, I have to try my combination like 40 times before it works. "Stupid locker," I say and kick it. After I grab my books I know I'm going to be late. "Great," I mumbled sarcastically.

"You shouldn't kick your locker I don't think it will help." I freeze. It can't be him, he doesn't know where I am. I turn around and look. My books drop from my hands. John, I go to say but no words come out. This can't be happening. He starts walking towards me. Move Anna, move, but my feet are planted. "I told you, you could never run from me." He says and grabs me.