Chapter Six

This is the same as chapter five,but in Matts P.O.V. if you want you can skip it. :D

"Hey," I say, a little scared that she was going to be mad like yesterday.

"Hi, did you get any more of the project done?" She asks before I could say anything. She was definitely not going to talk about yesterday.

"Oh, uh, just a little I had a lot to do yesterday," I say, I really wasn't busy I just was trying to think of how to get her to open up, which is failing. "Did you get any of the project done?"

"Ya, I got most of it, but I still have to cite my sources and do a few more facts, but I can get it done by tomorrow." She says taking out the packet to start working on it. I didn't really take a good look at her yesterday. Yeah, I got that she was beautiful, but her sitting here. He doesn't understand how someone that has her past can make the rest of the world look like waste. "What?" She asks annoyed snapping me out of my gaze.

"Um, can I ask you a question," I fidget with my pen. It was kind of a habit.

"Sure." I smile that I made some ground on her, "But if it's about yesterday no." I was mistaken.

"Why, not?" I question even though I knew I was pushing it.

"Because I don't want to talk about it and it's none of your business." She says still
writing info on her notebook. I wish she would just look at me when she talks, I like seeing her eyes.

"It kinda is my business," I say, when you see someone in that state you worry, which makes it your business, but I can't say that. She'd think I was just messing with her or say it's none of my concern. 

"How so?" She asks, stopping to look at me, finally.

"Well, it did interfere with the project and my plans." It wasn't all a lie, just not the whole truth. Isn't there a saying where if it's a white lie to help someone it's not bad?

"I got what was needed to be done and you said you were free so that's on you," She says starting to write again. Having a conversation with her looking at you is impossible.

"Well if you could have helped me with a question I wouldn't be so far behind, so I want to know why you couldn't help me," I lie, I could see it in her face that she was getting mad, but I wanted to help, even if she was going to be difficult about it. I also wanted to see what she'd do. 

"Well sorry, I said we can reschedule."

"Fine, today then," I say with a smile.

"Fine." She grumbles still writing. I glance over at her with a smile before starting on my part of the project. "Oh, what was the question for the project you didn't understand?" She asks remembering my lie, sh*t. 

"I got it now," I lie with a smirk. I don't think she bought it but she didn't ask so...

"Anna." The teacher calls. Anna walks up to his desk and looked nervous. I knew what he was going to tell her and I couldn't wait for her reaction.

She cut the teacher off a pointed to me, I just grinned at her. Her face was full of anger, confusion, but yet it looks like she was a little happy, I think my emotions are getting to me.

"Would you stop grinning." She mumbles turning towards me.

"No, it was pretty funny seeing your face when he told you that I was going to have to work with you," I say still grinning at her.

"You could have said no." She mumbles still looking at me. Wow, this has got to be a record. 

"Why, so I could miss seeing your face when he told you, not a chance," I explain even though I just wanted to get to know her more and help her, even if she didn't want it.

"Oh, glad you think this is funny," She starts writing again. The bell rings and I get up and say, "See you at the library today." She looked even more annoyed making me chuckle.