Chapter 6

Zayn's pov:

I was running late for school since it was Monday and especially because I had slept for like an hour that night.

I finally arrived at my locker. Niall, Harry and Louis were already standing there, ready to head off to class.

"Oh there you are Z, thought you won't be coming too!" They all greeted me and smiled.
"Why 'too' and where is Liam once again?"

"He's probably sick because he never runs late or he's just skipping."

Amazing, so Liam wasn't even here today? I really started to wonder where the hell he was?!

Louis smiled at me encouragingly. "He's probably just having a cold or something. Don't worry."

I nodded and since the bell was ringing, I walked to my class.
I actually had that class with Liam. Now I was walking there fast, without him.

I didn't focus in any of the classes I had that morning.
As I walked to the cafeteria, I was just as smart -or dumb- as before.
The only thing I knew now was that I would go and check on Liam after school.

God, I was sounding pathetic! Like an overreacting mother!
Still, I wanted to visit him because since he was probably sick, he maybe needed something.

Also, Harry had told me that his
parents were on business trips most of the time, so probably Liam was alone and if you're sick, it's the worst to be alone.

Lunch and the following classes went by at literal snail's pace. Every single second was feeling like a whole day.

Finally, the bell rang and I grabbed my bag before rushing out the door.
Unfortunately, I could hear the teacher yelling behind me to get back immediately but I just ignored her. I would get into so much trouble for that but I didn't really care.

I drove to Liam's house, trying to drive slowly since I really was acting like a pathetic girlfriend and it was embarrassing.

Finally, I pulled up in front of his house and got out of the car.
For no reason at all, my heart was racing again.
I was literally so stupid!

I rang the doorbell and waited for an answer.
Since there was only Liam's car in the driveway, his parents were probably on a business trip.
But Liam had to be home if his car was there.

I knocked at the door and waited again. After 3 minutes of waiting I gave up already but I really wasn't thinking about leaving.
I mean I hadn't seen him since Friday night.

Finally, I could hear footsteps coming towards the door.
That really took him long enough.

I could then hear the door getting unlocked from the inside and slowly it opened.
It revealed a horrible-looking Liam. He had that same glossy eyes like on Friday.
That meant that he had drunk.

"Hey Li, I...uhh...mmh...wanted to see if you're ok since you..weren't at school."
Oh god, I was stuttering like a little girl.

Liam didn't answer me but instead he stumbled backwards and I ran to catch him out of reflex.

Then we were just standing there. Him probably being too drunk to even talk to me and me, who had no idea of what to do.

I kicked my shoes off with one hand, the other one still holding Liam's back.

Then I led him to the big staircase. I had never been in his house and so I had absolutely no idea of where his room was.
After looking into some rooms I finally found one, I thought was Liam's.
Next to his bed, on his drawer there were bottles of alcohol. And may I add, that definitely was some strong stuff.