Chapter 27

3rd person's pov:

Niall and Liam also arrived at the hospital after Liam had dragged his friend with him.

As they saw what was happening in Zayn's room and as a doctor quickly brought them out of the room, they knew something was completely off.

Liam's eyes were widened and he felt like his heart would jump out of his chest any second.
Without noticing he was holding his breath and already fighting the tears which were threatening to spill even if he didn't know what had happened.

"I'm very sorry, you won't be able to go into that room right now. The patient's heart had failed and stopped beating."

And exactly the words Liam didn't want to hear made it feel like his heart was shattering into a million pieces.

Liam felt like the air was taken from his lungs and he looked at the doctor in shock.
He could feel Niall's hand holding squeezing his arm and finally the doctor spoke up again.

"I know you don't want to hear this but Mr. Malik's very critical at the moment and he has to fight. Unfortunately right now he doesn't give any sign of responsibility."

Just as Louis was coming out of Zayn's room with tear-stained cheeks, he saw Liam running down the hallway.

Niall was looking at him with widened eyes and just muttered 'fuck'.
"Niall, I told you that he needed to stay at home! He shouldn't have witnessed any of this! Fuck, we know he isn't stable!"

Niall looked at Louis with a guilty look on his face.
"I-I'm sorry, Lou. I know I shouldn't have let him come here but he just dragged me with him, I couldn't stop him."

Louis nodded, concern written all over his face.
His face lit up for a millisecond as he saw his boyfriend coming down the hallway.

"Did something happen? And why the fuck is Liam driving towards the coast?!"

"Zayn had a cardiac arrest...I think they got it under control but he doesn't seem to have the will to wake up."
Louis gulped visibly before he felt Harry's arms wrapped around him.

"He's gonna be fine, yeah? We know he'll fight."
Even if Harry wanted to sound encouraging and convincing, his voice was shaking.

"Wait and why did you just say Liam is driving outside of town?!"
Niall looked at Harry with a raised eyebrow and knew that this wasn't good.

"Well I went to his house but he wasn't there and since we all got each other on that tracking app I looked where he was and he's literally driving towards the coast line."

Louis shot a concerned glare to Niall and started fiddling around with his fingers.

"Okay, what happened here?" Harry was utterly confused by the sudden change of mood from extremely upset to nervous.

"Well, me and Liam went here because he dragged me and then he heard that Zayn had a heart failure and the doctor said something like it seems like he doesn't want to wake up and that completely screwed him up and he ran off."

Harry was now also furrowing his eyebrows looking between Louis and Niall.
"You guys know that Liam blames himself, yeah? He thinks it's his fault and I don't know if he should be alone completely upset and sleep deprived?"

They all agreed worriedly and decided that Harry should go and go after Liam.
Niall and Louis would stay with Zayn even though they weren't allowed to go into the room since he was still constantly under control.

Harry just wanted to leave to drive after Liam as Niall spoke up again.

"I don't know if I should tell you this and I don't know if it matters but he drank alcohol while he was alone. I could smell it as I visited him."
He looked down to his shoes because now he felt guilty for telling them even though he knew it could be from importance.

"Oh no....ok then another reason to hurry."
With that words Harry rushed off to his car, leaving Niall and Louis waiting for any news on Zayn or Liam.

Harry was now driving towards the area where he saw Liam's car in the tracking app.
What if he was really driving after he had drunk alcohol? It would be extremely dangerous...

After a seemingly eternal car ride, Harry arrived at the location and he gasped as he saw what his friend was doing.

Liam was standing on the edge of a cliff, of his and Zayn's cliff.
His arms were outstretched and he slowly walked closer to the edge.

Harry realized what he was doing and ran as fast as he could.
As he reached Liam, he pulled him back with all of his strength and ended up laying on the ground with his friend in his arms.

Liam looked at him with wide, tear-filled eyes and also Harry was shocked.

"You-you didn't really want to...right?"
Harry's voice was quiet and sounded heartbroken while he stared at Liam's hands which he was holding tightly in his own.

Liam just sadly shook his head while tears were running down his face and Harry knew that he was lying.

As Niall and Louis were still waiting in front of Zayn's room, they finally saw Harry and Liam at the end of the hallway, slowly coming closer to them.

They were relieved but as Louis saw Harry's expression he knew immediately that something was wrong.

He jumped up and ran towards them. He hugged Liam and could still slightly smell an alcoholic scent which shocked him.
As Louis looked at his boyfriend he knew that he was on the verge of crying. Blood was drawing on his lips because he was biting them harshly.

"What happened babe?" Louis looked at Harry concerned and slightly squeezed his hand.

Niall was now also coming over to them and embraced Liam in a big hug before he grabbed his hand and pulled him towards the seats.

As Niall looked at Liam probingly he saw how pale he was and how his cheeks were completely tear-stained.

"Li, what happened ?! Are you feeling alright?"
As a response, Liam just shook his head again and buried his face in his hands.

"Don't cry, he's going to be alright. He's under watch right now and everything's fine."
But Liam's tears fell even more after he had said that and his lip trembled.

As Niall hugged Liam, he winced in pain causing a shocked look from Niall and that he immediately let go of his friend. Also Louis shot a concerned glance to the two boys as Liam hissed in pain.

"I-I'm sorry, I didn't...didn't want to hurt you!"

Also Harry was now crying into the arms of his boyfriend.
Louis was still completely confused but the fact that Harry was so overwhelmed only made it worse and scarier.

Louis held Harry's face in his hands and could feel his tears running down.
His locks were sticking to his forehead and he looked like all color had drained from his face.

"Babe are you feeling alright?"
As Harry just shook his head while still sobbing, Louis took his hand and dragged him towards the bathroom.

As they arrived, Harry collapsed onto the ground and cried into his hands.

"God Harry, what happened?!"
Harry didn't answer but laid his head onto the cold toilet seat.

Louis kneeled down next to him and rubbed small circles onto his back.
"Shhh, just breathe in and out and tell me if you feel worse."

Harry nodded slightly but wasn't able to respond since he was still full-on crying.

After a while he eventually calmed down and ran his fingers through his hair which Louis had tied into a bun.

"Now tell me, love. It can't be that bad just tell me."
Harry looked at his boyfriend with sad eyes before he responded with a shaking voice.

"Liam tried to take his own life, Louis."