Chapter 15

Liam's pov:

I couldn't meet up with my friends at the lockers since I had to walk around with my 'girlfriend'.

The worst thing was that I didn't like Cheryl at all.
She was the co-captain of the cheerleaders and she really pissed me off. She thought that she could boss everyone around like she was the queen.
She really thought too high of herself and I just wanted to shake off her hand that was holding mine.

On Friday I had been completely busted.
That's at least what I guessed since I didn't have a single idea of what had happened back then. The only thing I knew was that I now had a new girlfriend.
I was guessing that someone had gave me some kind of drugs when I was already drunk and had no idea of what I was doing.
The whole Friday night was a blur and I had no idea how it ended up like this. With Cheryl, ugh.

God thanks she didn't have the same classes as me so I could finally let go of her hand and make my way to Biology, where Zayn was.
I was excited to see him again after these few days. He hadn't responded to my texts and I guessed it was because he had been sick.

I was surprised as I couldn't see him sitting at our normal place where we would sit together.
Instead he was sitting in the back of the class on the seat that was placed alone in the corner.
He was wearing a way too big hoodie and had his hood pulled down low over his face.

He looked adorable in that hoodie but I was way too confused about his appearance and behavior so that I just sat down on my normal seat, completely puzzled.

The class started but I wasn't even listening. Every few minutes I glanced back towards Zayn but he still hadn't moved or looked towards me.

The teacher didn't seem to notice Zayn at all.
As I looked back again, finally my eyes met Zayn's. And he looked horrible.
His eyes were dull and he was pale.
I actually just wanted to run to him and hug him but I could vaguely guess that that wouldn't be too good because we were in mid of the class and probably Zayn was avoiding me for a purpose.
I was stumped for an answer and just waited for the class to finally be over.

Zayn's pov:

I could feel Liam's stares burning holes into me.
I didn't even feel sad anymore, just disappointed.

Did he really lie to me just that so I would forgive him about what he had said?
Could I really have been so wrong and naïve to believe him?
Was he really that fake and just using me?
Was all of that hidden sadness just an act?

I knew that I didn't own Liam nor was he my boyfriend or anything. Still, it felt like a betrayal in some kind of way.

After the seemingly endless morning classes with Liam staring at me all the time, it was finally lunch time.

I wasn't hungry even though the last proper meal I had was a long time ago.

I walked to our usual lunch table in the cafeteria where Niall, Harry and Louis were already sitting.
I just muttered a quick "hi" before sitting down and sinking into my thoughts again.

I came back to reality as Harry nudged me from the side.
I hummed as a response because it wasn't very comfortable that the whole attention was drawn to me.

"Don't you want to eat anything, Z?" Niall said, even though he never worried, he now looked at me like he was.

I shook my head slowly and could see how Louis frowned.
"When was the last time you ate?" Louis sounded dead serious and I knew he was.

"I don't know, probably Saturday ?" I mumbled quite quietly because I knew Louis didn't like the response but I just simply wasn't hungry.

"Since fucking Saturday?! What the hell Malik, we are gonna get you something right away otherwise you're gonna pass out!"