Chapter 14

Louis's pov:

I was walking through the streets after that party that was hosted by one of those football guys. I guess his name was Brandon.

The party hadn't been bad. Big house and a lot of people.
Just Zayn had been missing and Liam seemed quite nervous about it.

We lost sight of each other after entering the house because there were so many people.
After 2 hours had passed I saw Liam and I immediately knew that Zayn was gonna hate this.

He was dancing with a blonde girl. Very closely if I may add. You could easily see that he was drunk.
Like the dancing hadn't been enough, they started making out.

I was boiling from anger but what should I do?
Tell that bastard that he was breaking Zayn's heart with this and forbid him to kiss a girl?
Definitely not.

I just couldn't do anything so I went off to look for Harry.
He was sitting on a couch with Niall and some other guys I didn't know.
I quickly grabbed Harry's arm and pulled him with me.

"What are you doing babe?"
"Have you seen that Liam is making out with that blonde girl?"
"Cheryl? Yeah of course, Liam hadn't had a girlfriend for way too long so it's about time" He chuckled at the end of the sentence and if it wouldn't have been Harry I would've probably killed him right there.

"You got any problem with that? I mean it's his life, right? You got me anyway." Harry smiled at me victoriously and pecked my lips.

I couldn't even answer because I would uncover Zayn's secret and I would never do that to him.

The news had spread through the whole house already: Liam Payne finally got a new chick.
It was weird, at our school news spread within minutes. I had no idea how everyone could know so fast but to be honest, I didn't give a shit about Liam and his bitchy behavior.

But I gave a shit about Zayn. And it would probably break his heart but I had to go and tell him before he would figure it out himself.

I said my goodbyes to Harry and my friends before leaving to call Zayn, already being on the way to his house no matter what he would say.

Luckily, Brandon's house wasn't that far from Zayn's so I was there in 10 minutes.
It had been a warm summer night so I could even walk in my tank top without a jacket.

I rang the doorbell and his mom opened up.
She welcomed me warmly and hugged me. I had been here for so many times that she wouldn't even wonder anymore if I was standing in front of their door.

"Zayn's up in his room, he's still sick but it's probably some circulatory problems so you shouldn't get infected."
I nodded and made my way up to his room.

In front of his door there were two plates with food and some medicine, both not even touched by Zayn.
I quickly knocked and then opened the door carefully to see if he was sleeping.

As I walked into the room as quiet as possible he opened his eyes and smiled at me quickly.

"You really look like utter shit mate."
"I know you retard, hello to you too."

I sat down next to him and decided to first chatter with him for a bit before letting him know about Liam's new 'girlfriend'.

"I literally feel like I'm your mother in the hospital who's sitting next to you while you're dying." I chuckled and he also laughed quietly.

"Now tell me why you came here, you sounded quite serious on the phone." Zayn looked at me curiously and I had to answer him now.

I sighed and looked him in the eye, I knew that I had to tell him even if it wasn't easy.

"Zayn, I know you won't like to hear this but at the party Liam did some unpleasant things...he was obviously drunk and I saw that he was kissing some girl named Cheryl. The 'big news' spread that Liam 'finally' has a girlfriend again. I'm sorry, Z."
I looked him deep in the eye as he proceeded what I had said.

There was a look on his face I couldn't fully read.
He looked hurt but also disappointed and there was something I couldn't quite figure out. Something like disbelief or confusion.

"Wh-why? That doesn't make any sense." He whispered so quietly that I had to listen closely to figure out what he had said.
"Why doesn't that make sense? You know who Liam is and you know his so-called fuckboy lifestyle."

"Stop calling him things like that. It just...it doesn't make any sense and..." He stopped himself and bit his lip.

He was fiddling around with the sleeves of his hoodie and I could see that he was close to crying.
No matter for how long we were best friends, Zayn never cried in front of me. He hated crying and would do anything to stop himself from it.

Our relationship as friends was really easygoing and we both had that sarcastic humor which was basically what our friendship consisted of.
But in some situations we both also could be comforting the other and be there for each other.
I grabbed his hand to stop him from fiddling around.

He was cold and his hands were shaking. I was worried because when Zayn got upset he would often reacted like this and it scared the shit out of me.
He was breathing heavily and I felt so helpless because I didn't know what to do.

I quickly kicked off my shoes and laid onto the covers of his bed to pull him in a hug.

A few hours had passed and it was already 3am.
Zayn was sleeping next to me. The past hours had been horror.
I had to literally force him to eat something and all the time Zayn was shaking and crying but trying to hide it.

My mom had texted me and told me to come home immediately so I decided to not stay for the night but go back home.

An hour later I was laying in my own bed. I was pretty exhausted and still worrying about Zayn, no matter what I tried.
And I was just so angry at Liam, but the fact that made me even angrier was that I didn't even have the right to be angry at him.
What had he done wrong?
A lot of things but he didn't even do it intentionally, at least not intentionally to hurt Zayn.

I scrolled through social media and got even more pissed as I saw how they were literally praising Liam and that Cheryl.
That was just idiotic and brainless. There was absolute no reason to adore Liam the way they did. I just couldn't fucking understand how they could care about someone else's life and relationships so much. That was nothing more than stupid.

I sighed and laid my phone to the side.
A few minutes later I was already asleep, noting mentally that I would call Zayn in the morning.

The next morning the first thing I did was to call Zayn.

It rang multiple times but he finally picked up.
"What do you want Tomlinson?" His voice sounded raspy and he sounded annoyed, I had probably woken him up.

"Sorry Z, I just wanted to check on you if everything's ok? Should I come over later?"

"I'm still feeling sick but I guess I'll be fine. And nuh, you don't have to come over. I'm all fine, also about the Liam topic."
I knew that he was full-on lying but he was extremely stubborn and maybe he just really needed time by himself.

"Alright, I guess I'll see you in school on Monday then. Please call if something's not okay."

Zayn kept the conversation low and we quickly said our goodbyes.

The rest of the weekend wasn't exciting in any way.
I just texted Zayn and Harry a few times and that was all. The rest of the time I was sleeping, eating, watching a movie or I just was on my phone.

All I hoped for was that thing wouldn't get out of hand between Liam and Zayn on Monday.