Chapter 8

Liam's pov:

He had just ran off because of me.

5 minutes after his disappearance I still hadn't moved. I was frozen in place, wondering what I had done.
No matter how hard I tried to remember what I could've said wrong, I didn't remember.
He just said that I shouldn't come closer.

I was such an idiot. Why did I always have to mess up and make him feel uncomfortable?
He literally took care of me the whole night and I ruined everything! What a nice thank you.

I just wanted to run to Zayn, wherever he might have gone and apologize. I really didn't have the intention to make him feel uneasy.

But I couldn't just run to find him since I had no idea of where he could've ran off to.

And the second option was to just forget about all this.
About how I was messing up everything that was making my life any better....like Zayn.

I went over to the freezer and opened it up.
A sickening smile crept over my face. I knew that this was a dumb idea but it was the only possibility to numb all this.

I pulled the bottle filled with the clear substance out of the freezer.
I grabbed myself a glass and poured vodka in until it reached the top.

As I swallowed, it was burning in my throat and causing my body to feel that familiar warmth.
I smiled and continued to drink, knowing the outcome.
I was going to feel happy, finally again.

After approximately 30 minutes and some many more shots, it started to kick in.
My vision was already blurry as I heard a familiar voice.
"Li? Where are you?"

Even if I was drunk, I would've recognized this voice everywhere. It was Zayn who was calling.

And also if I was feeling good due to the alcohol, it still got to me that he was here and I hid under the cuddly blanket on my couch.

"Liam, where are you? We need to talk!"
Even if he sounded serious it was maybe a bit funny that he wasn't able to find me.
I was giggling like an idiot because hiding from him was so much more fun than I had thought.

Unfortunately, my giggling exposed me and someone snatched away the blanket over me.

3rd person's pov:

There was no response to Zayn's calls from Liam nor anything else. But as he heard someone laughing in the living room, he made his way there.

It was Liam who was laughing, obviously hiding under the covers of the couch.
His little laughs were sounding so precious and cute to Zayn that he would've been smiling at him by now.
But it just really wasn't fitting the situation and it was weird that he was laughing like a little kid when before he had looked so hurt and scared off. This was odd.

He lifted up the blanket and saw Liam laying there. And a second later it was obvious: He had drunk.
He was making his drunk face,  grinning like a Cheshire cat with his eyes only half-open .

"Oh no, Liam! Not again! Come on." Zayn felt a little bit disappointed in him but rather worried. This was anything but healthy.
He had almost ended up in the hospital the night before and now he was completely plastered again.

Zayn then tried to heave him up but he just laid there smiling, not even thinking about helping.

"Liam you have to stop this, right away!" It sounded way too harsh and he regretted saying it as Liam's smile turned into a lugubrious frown and his eyes went dull and sad again.

Not only was Liam happy when he was drunk, he was also extremely sensitive and one wrong word and he was crying. Zayn had experienced that the last night and now Liam was looking like he was on the verge of crying again.