Chapter 11

Zayn's pov:

I woke up the next morning to another few texts from Liam.
But this time they made absolutely no sense. His texts were consisting of nonsense-mixed letters.

I would've laughed if this text would've come from Louis or someone else but since it came from Liam it worried me quite a lot.

He had obviously drunk once again. He really had a problem with alcohol and I was scared that the same events that occurred on Friday night would happen again since he didn't know when he exceeded his limits.

I just hoped that he would show up at school.
No matter how hurt and mad I was at him, I definitely didn't want him overdosing on alcohol again.

I quickly got myself ready since I was too late already and drove to school fast.
I cursed as Liam wasn't there. That meant that he either was too drunk to come to school or was blacked out.

My friends definitely didn't share my worries, especially not Louis.
"How can you still care about him after what he had said?!"

Harry and Niall just looked at us confused, still nobody had told them about the cause of mine and Liam's fight since Louis thought that Liam should have the courage himself to tell his best friend that he actually doesn't support gay people, meaning him.

"You know exactly why I care about him and also know yourself why I am scared of what will happen. You have seen it yourself on Friday."

"No idea which episode me and Nialler have missed but Liam skipping class is really no big deal, Zayn. Just chill, he is probably just sleeping." Harry was still looking at me confused since he didn't see any reasoning behind my worries.

"You have no idea Harry! You don't even know Liam." With that I turned around and exited the school before a teacher could see me and force me to go back.

Maybe I really was overreacting a bit but it was better if I quickly went over to Liam's to see if he wasn't completely dead rather than leaving him alone.
He had hurt me badly but that wasn't a reason for me to not help him.

After I had arrived I cursed as I saw that Liam's car wasn't in the driveway.
He was driving completely drunk. And he was that drunk that he wasn't even able to type anymore so how the hell should he be able to drive?!

I panicked and called Liam. Probably a bad idea because when he was driving then this was another distraction besides the alcohol.

After a minute of ringing, he declined the call. I was relieved that he at least interacted so that I knew that he wasn't dead already or had an accident.

I really tried my hardest to figure out where Liam had went to. He for sure had a destination in mind.
But always when I was in panic my brain was completely blank. Not a single idea came to my mind.

But then suddenly, I remembered something.
Friday, two weeks ago. The party and mine and Liam's 'trip' to the cliffs.
I had already mentally suppressed that memory since it was a horrifying moment.

And now I realized that back then Liam was very unerring about where to go. He was familiar with the cliffs seeming like he had been there many times. He had even known where to go in the complete darkness of the night and while being totally crossfaded.

Fear came over me. If the events from that night would reoccur, I wouldn't be there to save him since I didn't have the exact idea of where to drive and was too late already.
So when I would arrive, Liam would probably already be....

I didn't even dare to continue that thought.
I now just had to get to those cliffs as fast as possible.

As my car speed increased so did my heart beat.
I was sure that Liam would be at the cliffs but I was just so scared that he would do something bad because he was drunk and unstable.

When no one's watching जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें