Chapter 13

-A/N: So sorry that I haven't uploaded in so long. I will try to be more consistent again <3

Louis' pov:

After I went to school on Thursday I was already waiting to hear Liam and Zayn's story of why they both skipped yesterday.
Zayn had just run off because Liam didn't appear in school and both of them weren't replying to messages the whole day. Probably they made up after what Liam had said in the locker room even if I didn't find a good explanation why he said it.

I saw Liam and Zayn walking through the main entrance and I thought that I had seen their hands intertwined for a few seconds but they let go as they entered.
Probably just my imagination.

"Morning, now I need the story why you two skipped together yesterday."

Zayn looked at Liam helplessly, his look saying 'shit what should we say'.
"Uhh, sooo I was sick and Z was so kind to stay with me?"
Liam was a terrible liar.

"Alright so that sickness passed fast huh?" I chuckled at them because every idiot could see that they were lying 100%.
Well, didn't bother me because Zayn was happy again and I would make Zayn tell me later anyway.

At lunch everything was normal until Niall brought up tomorrow's party.
Liam was sitting opposite of me and I could see, as Niall mentioned the party, that his face fell and he looked sad and disappointed even if he had been smiling a second before.

Zayn then looked at Liam worriedly and rubbed his back, trying not to draw attention to them.
Liam looked at Zayn thankfully but still seemed sad and kind of nervous.

I was even more confused as before. Something had definitely happened after the last party and I had no idea what it was.
I also couldn't identify if it had been bad or good but looking at Liam's frown it had definitely been bad.

I decided not to ask in front of everybody.
Of course, I didn't like Liam but asking would be spiteful and I really didn't want him to be even sadder.

After the bell rang I wanted to go to P.E. with Niall and Harry but then I saw how Zayn was talking to Liam in an inconspicuous corner.
He was holding Liam's hands and talking to him in earnest.
I could see Liam's shoulders hunched over. Like this he didn't look like a strong bully anymore, he rather looked small and vulnerable.

Before I could question the situation any more, Harry and Niall dragged me to P.E.

Zayn's pov:

When I went to bed that day, I felt a bit dizzy and I had a headache but I shrugged it off and fell asleep earlier than ever.

As I woke up the next morning I wished I didn't wake up.
My head was hurting much worse than yesterday and I was feeling terrible.

In that exact moment, as I was clutching onto my stomach with a grimace on my face, my mom walked into my room.
She seemed to see that I wasn't feeling good and her expression suddenly was showing concern.

"Honey, aren't you feeling alright?"
She came closer to put her hand on my forehead to see if I had a fever.
I just shook my head at her previous question and she nodded.

"Alright, I'm gonna sign you off of school and then be back. If you need me urgently just shout."
She smiled and stood up to call the school.

It was weird because as I was younger I had always faked to be sick to have a day off so she never believed me.
I must really look dead!
And that was definitely how I was feeling.

I took out my phone to text Louis since he would be mad at me for at least one week if I wouldn't inform him that he had to survive school without me.
He called it 'mental preparation to survive without you'.