CHAPTER TEN

An Akuma at ten o'clock at night? Do supervillains not have a life or something? Benji knocked on a door as he waited for it to be answered. "Join us they say, it will be fun they say," he groaned, he didn't blame Lex, it's not like he knew that a supervillain would choose tonight of all nights to make the city turn into utter chaos.

"Benji?" Darrell Quinn, Andy's carer answered the door, "Why are you out? It's late."

Benji smiled sheepishly, he placed a hand on the back of his neck and as he explained why he was out, "Some of my um... brothers, friends invited him to a movie, he's a little young so the deal was that I chaperoned," Benji was hesitant as he said brother since him and Lex technically aren't related they were both just adopted by the same terrible people and were the closest out of the eight of them.

"Where is your brother?"

"After the movie, Lex and his friends went back to one of their houses for a sleepover, I was walking home and the city erupted into chaos."

Darrell loosen up now that all his questions were answered, the adult likes Benji he just found it odd that the teenager showed up at his house in the middle of the night, "Andy isn't here right now, she went out two hours ago and hasn't replied to any of our calls, I was hoping she as at a friend's house, did she tell you anything?"

"No, sorry. I can call her," he held out his phone, maybe Andy was just ignoring Darrell and Olivia, he hoped that was the case because Benji didn't want to believe that his friend could be in danger or worse.

"Could you?" Benji smiled at the concerned adult. Darrell and Olivia Quinn cared about Andy, she had only been staying with the family for a few months and they cared more about Andy than his carers ever did.

Benji clicked on the phone and it started ringing, and it kept ringing, and ringing and ringing until- "Hi this is Andy, sorry I can't come to the phone right now. Leave a message when I get to you as soon as I can."

Benji sighed, "Sorry."

Darrell frowned, "It's okay, I'm sure Andy just fell asleep at a friend's house." From the worried look on his face, Benji could tell that Darrell didn't even believe his own words, "Come inside Benji, you can rest in Andy's room until Ladybeetle and the heroes defeat the Akuma."

Benji walked inside the house as he saw Olivia Quinn sitting at the kitchen table, he waved at the woman. Olivia looks terrible, she was as beautiful as she always is but as she chewed on her fingernails Benji knew that she was worried sick about Andy. "Hi, Mrs Quinn."

Olivia greeted the boy as she gave him a warm motherly smile. Olivia and Darrell Quinn have three children, eleven-year-old twins Averie Julianne 'Ava' and Evelyn Katheryn 'Eve' Quinn and a five-year-old son Leo. Andy had told Benji that the Quinns would always take in children who required temporary homes, Andy was only meant to stay there for two months but finding a home for a fifteen-year-old girl was found to be difficult, maybe if she was ten years younger people would want her.

"It's lovely to see you again Benji."

He nodded his head in agreement.

Benji felt rude being in Andy's room without her being there with him as if he was invading her privacy. His eyes searched the room, there were pictures of Andy and Cole all over the walls, some of her mother Isabella and a couple of Benji. His cheeks felt warm as he looked at the picture of him and Andy, it was taken before the events at the end of last year.

He focused on Andy, her hair was long and she had a glow to her, Andy felt like a different person lately and Benji hated that he couldn't help. The loss of a parent is something that he will never understand while being an orphan with something he knew all too well.