CHAPTER TWENTY

"Is there a reason why you haven't looked up from your phone?" Estrella Reynolds asked.

Aiden muttered a small sorry before turning off his phone and putting it on the counter, he looked at his breakfast, two slices of pizza leftover from the night before. "I'm sorry that I wasn't home last night, I had to meet some friends."

"Friends?" The boy's older sister, questions, "Last time I checked you didn't have any friends."

"Well, I made some."

Estrella smiled brightly, "There is a boy! Tell me! What's his name? Is he cute? A classmate? Where you safe?"

"Stella!" His cheeks flushed at the series of questions, "There is no boy, just friends."

Estrella made a small humming sound before grabbing her pizza and taking a bite. Aiden didn't feel like eating, his mind was flooded, flooded with thoughts of the number saved on his phone, "I'm going to my room, see you when you get back from work Stella."

"Going to text your boyfriend?" She teased as he rushed to his room, i'm never going to hear the end of this, he thought.

Aiden closed the door behind him as he entered the room, his room is quite tamed, maybe even a little basic, with white sheets on his single bed, a bookshelf in the corner, two bedside tables, a wardrobe and a couple of ice skating posters on the walls.

Tikki was sitting on his bed and excitedly got up as he entered, "Did you get me a cookie?"

Aiden reached into his pocket and grabbed out a chocolate chip cookie, "I stole it from Estrella's stash."

Tikki flew up to the cookie and eat half of it in one large bite, Aiden smiled at her eagerness, the boy himself doesn't like chocolate but Estrella loves chocolate. "I think I'm going to call her!" Aiden announced, "Do you want to talk to her?"

Tikki smiled sadly, "Ladybug wouldn't be able to hear me, technology doesn't pick up kwamis."

"Oh, Tikki, I'm so sorry," Aiden couldn't imagine being a kwami, being alive for aeons, only having one purpose, "Do you ever get bored or being a kwami?"

Tikki shook her small redhead, her flouting body following the movement, "I love being a kwami, I always get to meet special and unique people like you, Aiden! If I was not a kwami I never would have been able to meet you."

Aiden's cheeks turned red, "You think I'm special?"

Tikki gleamed, "Yes! Aiden, you are so special, Ladybug is going to be so excited to hear from you."

The boy looked at his phone, the number dialled and waiting for him to press call, "I hope you're right Tikki," he said as he pressed call.

"Salut?"

"Hello, is this Ladybug?"

"Aiden, it's a pleasure to meet you," the speaker turned from french to english, her voice speaking with a strong french accent.

"How-"

"Your telephone number, you are the only Australian who has my number."

"Oh."

"Jument, said you wanted to speak to me?" Ladybug asked but Aiden was too starstruck to respond.

'ladybug! i am talking to ladybug omg omg omg' he was freaking out, looking at the phone like a scarecrow designed to stare. "Aiden, you have to respond."