CHAPTER THIRTY THREE

When Benji found out where Mariposa's secret lair is he feels many things, the first one being pity. Sydney's big powerful villain's lair is the home of her dead father, a place from which the world forcefully removed her from. Cole had only been renting, so after his death, Andy couldn't even visit the house, she was forced to remove her stuff while the rest went into her Tía Camila's care, Andy never told Benji what her aunt did with her father's belongings. "Andrea?" He questioned as he walked into the abandoned home. Benji looked at the empty bedrooms and hallways, what had once felt too small to be a home for a child and father, feels too large to fill. He smiled sadly at the memories he and Andy shared in the home. "Andy?" He asked once more, Benji knew exactly where Andy was hiding but he hoped he didn't need to go in there.

The boy's hopes were short-lived as he approached the front of the room, Benji felt the hair on his arm rise as he reached for the door handle. "Andy?"

Andy was sitting on the windowsill which had once been a place to remember her mother, a shrine of photos and candles smelling Isabella's favourite scents. Benji never got to meet Isabella, she died just before Cole and Andy moved to the City. "I keep failing. My dad's plan is smart, it should be working but it isn't! He would be so disappointed in me."

Benji frowned as he saw Andy, her hair was messy and her eyes are practically closing by themself, her glasses are off and resting on the windowsill next to her. "Maybe if you let me see your father's plan..."

"I can't risk that," she said, refusing to meet Benji's eyes, she already knew that her best friend's opinion of her father had changed since he found out about his intentions.

"Andrea, you should rest, you just akumatised two people in less than eight hours, you must be exhausted," he took another step closer and placed his hand in front of her, "Come on."

"No, I can't," she pulled her hand away from his. "I'm weak and tired but that means the heroes are too," she looked at him, checking to see if he was tired as well. "I need to akumatised another person."

"No way! You'll hurt yourself if you do that."

Andy smiled as she looked at Benji, the boy felt butterflies flutter in his stomach as he looked at her warm grin. "I love that you care so much Benj but I need to do this, I can't just keep failing! I need to get their miraculous!"

Benji watched as she grabbed her miraculous out of her pocket and put it on, "Please, Andy. You're going to hurt yourself."

Andy looked away from Benji before saying her transformation words, Benji was forced to shield his eyes from the bright light, and when he looked back at his crush she was unrecognisable. She stood up straight but looked as if she could fall at any given moment.

Benji bit his lip, "I can't stop you from doing this can I?"

"This will be my last one if I fail-" Mariposa's fist balled at the idea, "I'll take a week off, I promise."

Benji held out his hand, "Shake on it, after this, I have you for the whole week. We can hang out at the skate park and work on a new cover, no more akumas."

"Promise." Mariposa shook Benji's hand, a blush appearing on her face.

"Okay." Benji softly grabbed a butterfly, "Akumatise me."

"What?!" Mariposa gasped, "I can't-"

"I won't fight you. If you akumatise anybody else they will fight you and you will get hurt, trust me, this is the safest way."

"Benj..."

Benji placed it in Mariposa's hands, "I'm all in, rule number two; no one gets hurt, that includes you."