CHAPTER FOURTEEN

"Nessarose, you have class in thirty minutes!" Ava Greene's voice echoed through their quiet apartment. Their home is small, cute but expensive nonetheless living on Sydney Walsh Bay cost more money than her house back in Italy but her mother said that it was a good change, Nessa was only six at the time so who was she to argue.

Nessa rolled her eyes as she grabbed a honey drop lolly and gave it to Pollen, due to her mother's strict schedule and overbearing presence, Nessa and Pollen barely got any time to talk. "I'll try and get away from her after dance class I promise."

Pollen smiled at her queen brightly as she unwrapped the lolly and popped it in her mouth, the kwami didn't have high expectations since that was what her holder always promises.

Nessa opened her balcony door, the wind of the harbour brushing against her face like a welcomed breeze. She grabbed her ballet shoes off of her chair and backed them into her bag. She took out her phone and looked at the time, another twenty-two minutes, that's enough time to answer some messages. She opened Instagram and liked some makeup tutorials by Tiffy and some song covers by her classmate Benji.

She was about to put the phone down when she got a message from Quartz.

quartzstone.
ness, what are you doing?
i'm DYING from boredommmm
⚰️
☝️me

the_nessarose.
I'm getting ready for dance class
Ballet every saturday and sunday, every second monday and contemporary on tuedays.

quartzstone.
that sounds boringgggg
what me to sneak you out of it?????
want*

the_nessarose.
I don't think you can, my mum is very smart.

quartzstone.
shes australian
how smart can she be
no offence nessy

the_nessarose.
I'm not offended, I identify as more Italian then Australian anyway.

quartzstone.
rightttttt
i forgot you are a foreigner like me
do not fear nessa!!!
i will get you out of dance class if its the last thing i do

the_nessarose.
How?

read

Nessa sighed as she put her phone in her bag, if she was standing in front of a mirror she was sure she would see a huge smile on her face. Quartz is just so... Nessa blushed as pretty was the first word to come to mind. Nessa shook her head, she shouldn't be thinking about how pretty Quartz is or how brave and kind and caring and- Oh, who was she kidding, her crush on Quartz was blinding, Nessa wishes that she could wrap her hand around Quartz's but she was thankful for Tiffy helping her become friends with Quartz, something that she was never able to do on her own.

Nessa wondered what her mother would think of her feelings for Quartz, it seemed like her mother had her how life was planned out and she was sure that romance wasn't on that list.

"Nessarose!"

"I'm coming, mamma!"

Nessa threw her bag over her shoulder as she rushed down the stairs and hugged her mother, giving her a soft kiss on the cheek, "I'm ready!" She smiled brightly before grabbing the vegemite toast her mother had made for her and taking a bite.

"What took you so long Nessa? Usually, you only take seven minutes to get ready, not eight."

Nessa swallowed her last bite of the toast as she went to her go-to excuse, "I was practically my five positions."