CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN

"Sorry! I'm late! I couldn't leave Aiden at home alone, he's on an anti-grounding." Estella explained to her co-worker. The Latina-American girl's hair was worn in a messy bun, she wasn't sure if she wanted to dress professionally or casually for this meeting, so she had decided to go for a bit of a mix. Her dress of a denim blue overall with a white shirt, she was wearing knee-length black boots and her favourite necklace which her mother had given her for her fourteenth birthday.

Ash raised an eyebrow as he looked at Aiden, "Anti-ground?"

Aiden blushed as he explained, "It's basically where Estella forces me to socialize with people instead of not letting me leave the house like a normal grounding."

"Aw! That's adorable!" Lucas coos as he leans on his boyfriend's shoulder.

"I guess."

"Okay, Aiden, why don't you go and talk to Tiffy while I work with Ash."

Lucas stood up properly, much to his boyfriend's disappointment. "Tiffy is actually in a tutor lesson at the moment, if you want to sit with them, you can't be distracting, Tiffy is trying to be better with his English."

"That's okay, Aiden can help."

Aiden shook his head, "I don't think-"

"You work at the ice ring, you do a great job teaching those kids to skate, how hard would it be a teach a language you have been speaking since birth?"

Aiden bit his lip, he wanted to argue but he knew Estella wouldn't let him win. "Okay," Aiden muttered before walking inside the house, he looked around.

"They're in the lounge room, just walk up the stairs and take a left." Aiden was already gone by the time Lucas finished speaking. Sometimes Estella can be too much, three days ago when Aiden had left in the middle of a lockdown Mr Pi had called Estella and she hasn't left him alone since. Despite Estella only being four years older than Aiden, she was his legal guardian and at the end of the day, he did have to listen to her.

"Did you see the news?" Aiden overheard a younger voice say. Aiden recognised that voice from somewhere, he knew it wasn't Tiffy though, the speaker's voice speaking had a thick Australian accent and honestly a slightly annoying tone to it.

Aiden looked around the corner to see Benji Dale and Tiffy Heo watching the 1986 comedy Crocodile Dundee, they weren't really watching the movie, to be honest, the volume was turned down and they weren't even looking at the tv. Aiden watched as Tiffy shook his head. "No?"

"The Easter Show is going to open on the weekend!" Benji was practically beaming as he spoke while Tiffy shook his head.

"Do not know."

Benji gasped, "First, it's 'i don't know what that is,' and second, how do you not know what to Easter Show is?! It's like the biggest carnival in all of Sydney, it only shows up for a week every April. I would always go with Andy." Benji smiled as he remembered only last year, he, Andy and Colin had all attended the show, he finally had saved up enough money from his Instagram account that this year Cole didn't need to pay for him. Benji ran out of money in the first half an hour and Cole ended up paying for the rest of the visit but Benji was still proud of getting himself an entry pass. Benji's smile turned into a frown as he realised something, that person who had taken him to the Easter Show four years in a row, was also secretly planning to become a terrorist.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, just thinking about last year's show."

"Was it bad?"

"It wasn't-"

Aiden tripped as a cat ran in front of him, "Ahh!" He cried as he tumbled forward and like a weirdo onto the floor. "Aiden?" Tiffy asked as the boy blushed.

"That's me," he groaned as dusted himself off.

Tiffy tilted his head, "When did you arrive?"

Benji grinned, "Not a single thing incorrect there, good job," he praised. Tiffy blushed, his cheeks heated up.

"I just got here, Estella and Ash are working on a work thing."

"Estella?" Benji felt his breakfast rise in his throat, there was no way, no, nope, this person is not ladybeetle, there was no way that in just a week he found out the identities of Mariposa, Peafowl, Honeybee and Ladybeetle.

"Yes?" Aiden asked unsurely, "Do you know her or something?"

"What? N-No, it's just Estella is a pretty name." Aiden nodded though Benji could see that he didn't believe him, Benji didn't blame him though, he isn't exactly the best liar.

"Ha, um... Yeah. I'm gonna go to the bathroom," Benji got up and walked out.

"What that about?"

Aiden shrugged, "I don't know but there is something about him that I don't trust."

"Benji is nice."

Aiden shook his head, Aiden doesn't know why but for some reason he felt on edge around Benji, like Benji knew something Aiden didn't, it may have been due to the younger boy's much higher iq but he tried to just shake it off, Benji is probably just a know it all, he told himself. "I'll have to take your word for it."

Tiffy blushed. Aiden took note of the Korean boy's bright cheeks and grinned, he's cute. Woah! No, no, don't think like that. Aiden scolded himself, Aiden made a promise to himself when he moved to Australia two years ago, no dating.

But Aiden couldn't help but adore Tiffy.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Is this chapter a lot shorter than usual? Yes. Sorry, I've been sick all week but wanted to post something. I'm also mainly focusing on writing the first chapter of Mystery Shack right now, so, here's a filler chapter <3

I have the next few chapters planned out. The list will be here in the comments, feel free to request more chapters and ideas!

Like, comment and tell me what you thought!

1008 Words