CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT

Today Lee was feeling more like a girl. She was still dressed in her masculine dags, a plaid shirt unbuttoned with a white singlet underneath, ripped denim jeans, her miraculous and boots. Lee's hair had purple washout dye coloured through it, she did it on the last day of the term and was already starting to fade. Lee walked to the front door and opened it, "Lee, are you forgetting something?" She heard her father say.

Lee jumped at his voice, she had thought he was still at work. "Dad? How come you're home early?"

"I'm not home early, I didn't go to work today."

Lee frowned. It was almost lunch, and she hadn't seen her dad all day and he is telling her that he was here the whole time. "How come?"

Josiah got defensive, and he crossed his arms, "That is adult business, Lee."

Lee held up her arms, surrendering, "Sure, whatever. I have plans, I will be home by tomorrow."

"That's it?"

"What else is there?" Lee's eyes were glassy, she wiped them, turning away from her dad. "Look, I'm going to be late."

"Right." Josiah sunk into his chair, he seemed to age a few years by the expression on his face. Lee had gotten used to that, to her father looking older with each action. Josiah has fully grey hair with wrinkles scouring his face. Just by looking at the forty-year-old man a person would assume he was in his late fifties. Josiah looked at Lee and smiled softly, "Have fun, Ceci."

"Yeah," she nodded. A small lump grew in her throat after hearing her childhood nickname, she hadn't heard anyone call her that since her mother's death. "I'll try, dad."

[ Time Skip ]

Pierre had been confused by Lee's behaviour. When Lee met up with the group, she had a smile on her face but the second she laid eyes on Ellie her smile turned into a sour glare. It wasn't Pierre's idea to invite a date but after talking to Quartz, he decided it would make today a lot more bearable. Pierre never had the best luck with girls, so Quartz got him the date

"Lee, are you okay?" He whispered to his best friend. Lee nodded, but everything about her said otherwise.

Pierre bit his lip and played with his earphones anxiously, "Sorry, if inviting Ellie destroyed today."

"Why would that destroy anything? I'm bringing May, you're bringing Ellie."

"Yeah, right."

Pierre looked away from Lee and paid attention to Ellie and May's conversation in front of him. "What ride should we go on first?" Ellie asked May.

May looked around the grounds, their eyes widening as they spotted a fortuneteller, "We should go there! I've always wanted to get my fortune told!" The teenager exclaimed.

Lee shook her head, "No way, all fortunetellers are scams."

"Please, Lee?" May begged.

Lee bit her lip and glanced over to Pierre. The blond-haired shrugged, "Fine," Lee said with a sigh.

"Yay!" May grabbed Lee's hand and rushed over to the tent.

Pierre felt his jaw tighten, he wanted to put in his earphones and listen to music but then he remembered Ellie. "Wanna follow them?"

"Don't we have to?"

Pierre chuckled although he knew it wasn't a joke. May's parents were the ones giving them a lift back home, if Pierre leaves the group and his phone dies, he'll be stuck in Blacktown with no way home.