CHAPTER TWENTY SIX

It had been two days since Quartz was akumatised, two days since the last day of school, and two days since Nessa had last seen Quartz. It wasn't that Nessa didn't want to see Quartz, the demigirl had been the only thing Nessa could think about in the last two days, but Her mother had planned out the entire holiday for her. Between extra ballet class and sleepovers with Aja, Freddie and Arabella, Nessa didn't have much time to do anything she wanted.

"Are you alright, my queen?" Pollen asked her owner.

Nessa flashed her kwami a reassuring smile, "I'm alright Pollen, just thinking."

"You're thinking about Quartz again, aren't you?"

Nessa buried her face into her pillow, "It isn't that obvious, is it?"

"My queen, it's blatantly obvious."

"I know!!!!" The teenage girl cried. She threw the pillow across the room and off of her bed. "It's so annoying! I haven't been able to think straight lately. I haven't been able to focus on dance or my relationship with my mother. It's been two days! But she's all I've been able to think about!"

"Why don't you ask for her courtship?"

Nessa braided the ends of her hair, "I couldn't do that. Quartz is special, they deserve someone who would give them the world. I could only give them my Wednesday afternoon." Nessa looked at the picture frame on the side of her bed, Nessa couldn't see the picture because it was too dark, but she didn't need to, Nessa already had the memory memorised in her mind.

It was only two months before Nessa and her mother moved to Australia, it was her sixth birthday. Her father had taken her to watch the local performance of Giselle. Nessa had adored the dance; it was that day that Nessa had told her parents that she wanted to be a dancer.

Nessa still misses her father, although she knows she should hate him. Her father had left her, she wasn't enough. Luigi had abandoned Nessa and Ava for a son and a younger woman. 'Nessarose is the perfect daughter, dancer and student, if Luigi doesn't want to be her father, then that's his problem' she thought using her mother's voice, although her mother would never admit it, she knew what her role was. Nessa was supposed to be the bragging chip, the first-place trophy that was held up against her half-brother, the sign that Ava was the better woman.

Nessa slipped off of her bed and walked over to her balcony, "I haven't had time to check up on her, she probably thinks I hate her."

"That is a little rash."

"No, it's true!" Nessa was shaking, she struggled to keep her hands still, it was as if they had a mind of their own. "I'm supposed to be her friend! What type of friend doesn't check on you after being akumatised?!"

Nessa felt sick, she couldn't believe how bad of a friend she has been, no wonder Aja, Freddie and Arabella all secretly hate her. Pollen softly placed a hand on Nessa, though due to the size it felt more like a poke. "You can see her tomorrow and explain everything to her then."

Nessa shook her head, "No, I can't. I have dance class."

Pollen looked at her owner, the two haven't had the best chance to bond, partly due to Nessa's mother always watching the girl and another part is Pollen's fault. Pollen can be strict and bossy, and the last thing Nessa needs is another voice telling her what to do. Pollen let out a small sigh. She can help, although she knows this is wrong. "Why don't you visit her as Honeybee?"

"I can do that?"

"Usually, I would say no but this is different, I can see that this unsettles you, my queen. I doubt you will be able to fight well with Quartz on your mind."