S T A R T

"You there, the girl in the black hoodie. Come up here and read your presentation for me and the class." The new teacher said. It was stupid that the other people in the class also needed to hear it, we had gone to the same class for years. I got up to the desk and placed my computer on the table in front of me so I could read it up.

"Hi, my name is Alissa Hart. I am a seventeen-year-old and a senior." I stopped reading as took a deep and shaky breath, feeling the anxiety in my body.

"My favorite color is purple and I like talking about my political opinions. Yes, political sounds scary enough." People started laughing after those words came out of my mouth. I looked up and waited for people to stop laughing so I could continue.

"I have three siblings, Hailey, Michael, and Benjamin. So now I confirmed it, you guys can please stop asking if Michael is my brother now." I laughed a bit at my sentences, it was weeks ago that I wrote this and that's why it shocked me. Did I really write this?

It made the other people giggle as well.

I smiled to myself, this was going surprisingly well. I looked over at the teacher, she just looked at me with a small smile. The crowd became quiet once again.

"My favorite subject is English. I think geography is so boring. Sometime in the future, I would like to become a lawyer. Everyone tells me that I would be good at it every time I tell them about it. That was it." I said and turned to the teacher. She nodded as I slowly walked back to my seat with my computer in my hands.

The whole class was clapping at me, and then I noticed that Ryder and his best friend were sitting behind me and my best friend's seat. He smirked and started clapping his hands together as well.

I rolled my eyes and pulled my chair out as I sat down on it.
"You and your speeches always amaze me, Alissa. Especially this one." Jasmine laughed out. I smiled and crossed my legs.

"Thank you, but this one wasn't as great," I answered.

"If you like talking that much, you should come up here and tell us what you wrote as your presentation." Mrs. Eastwood said as she pointed at Jasmine.

"Oh no. I'm sorry for speaking, just continue with the class." My best friend answered with a nervous smile on her lips. I looked over at the teacher and she just stared right through her.

"Get up here, now. I won't repeat myself." She said. Jasmine took her computer as she walked up to the desk. She started reading what she had written down up for everyone to hear.

When she was done with her speech and walked back down to her seat beside me, the teacher scoffed. Jasmine sat down beside me once again as she closed her computer and sat back on the black chair. I gave her a comforting smile.

"Jasmine is a perfect example of what most of the teachers say. When you get easy homework like this, practice it! It isn't that hard!" The teacher yelled at the people sitting and looking at her. Everyone became quiet. I shook my head while looking at Jasmine, reassuring her that what the teacher just said wasn't true. It really wasn't, and Mrs. Eastwood using her as an example was too rude.

"We are starting a new project in this class, since I'm new here, I'm not sure of what you have worked with, and I don't really care either. I have decided that we are going to work with Shakespeare." She told the class as she started handing her student's different papers. She walked over to our table as she looked around.

"You are working with Hamlet." Mrs. Eastwood told us. I smiled and looked over at Jasmine.

"Hamlet is easy, don't worry," I whispered. Jasmine smiled and looked back at the teacher that already hated her for no reason.

"With the boys behind you. I expect essays, a presentation, and I also want you to want the theatre version of it and write an essay about that too." She added, my eyes widened as Jasmine gasped at all of the words.

"Is that too hard for you, Ms. Larson?" Mrs. Eastwood asked Jasmine. Jasmine looked down and shook her head. The teacher nodded as she walked away from us. I sighed and got up from my chair as I flipped it around so it was facing the boys that were sitting behind us.

Jasmine did the same as she handed me my computer. I opened it and typed in my password as it opened up for me.

"You two can do it all on your own, right?" Milan asked. Milan was Ryder's best friend and the leader of their little stoner club.

"What do you expect? Fuck no, that's not how a group works." I answered. Milan sat back as he looked over at Ryder and back at me.

"Just do as I say, bitch." Milan spat, Jasmine gasped as she looked over at me. I was filled up with anger, who the fuck did he think he was? He was so incredibly fucked up, always thinking that he could control everything and everyone around him just because of his little stoner club.

I slammed my palm against the table as it caught everyone's attention. I got up and turned around, Mrs. Eastwood looked confused at me.

"Out of pocket, man," Ryder whispered to him.

"I want a new group," I yelled to her. She walked closer as she crossed her arms and shook her head.

"Now why that?" She asked.

"I won't tolerate being called a bitch just because I want everyone in the group to participate," I answered. She raised an eyebrow as she looked at the two boys that were sitting in front of us.

"Which one of them said it?" The teacher asked. I smiled in satisfaction, I loved getting my ways, especially when I am right about it.

"Milan," I said and looked over at him.

"Very well. Let's go outside for a talk, Milan." She said in an angry tone. She looked so scary when her expression was as angry as it was at the moment. Milan got up and followed her outside. I sat back down on the chair and looked at the computer screen.

I had to drag my eyes up to Ryder when I felt his eyes almost burning into me.

"What? Do you need help with understanding something from the text?" I asked. He looked down at his paper with a smirk as he shook his head. I rolled my eyes and wondered how we were getting this essay started.

"Is it a bad time to say that I haven't read or seen Hamlet before?" Ryder leaned in and whispered. I sighed and closed my eyes, this was already so frustrating. Was this some punishment or anything? Had I done something bad and finally gotten the karma back?

Whatever I did, I'm very sorry.

___________________________

Hi! Thank you for reading the first chapter of Typical secrets. I hope you enjoyed reading and you will continue doing so. It means the world to me that you are reading this so thank you so much!

If you liked it please vote, it makes me be able to see if you liked it or not and if I should make more chapters or anything like that.

I hope you guys will continue reading Alissa's story that's going to be told. If you want to get reminders or see sneak peaks, you can follow my Instagram! It's ashley.parkerrrrr <3