S I X T E E N

I woke up and groaned, this was my first day being back. I sat up on the bed and saw that Benjamin was already awake. I woke up with a great decision that for days, I couldn't stop thinking about. I missed school a lot, I missed complaining about the subjects or the teachers. I also miss Mrs. Gomes a lot. Jasmine had texted me yesterday, she told me that she had been vomiting the whole night and couldn't show up at the school. I felt so bad for her but I guess it'll just be Sophia and me.

I opened my closet and checked for something I could wear. I picked the usual black sweater and denim jeans. Benjamin left the room for me to get changed. I pulled my shirt over my head and threw it on my bed. I pulled my jeans off and placed them on the floor. I couldn't help but notice my stomach. How am I good enough for him? I must have gotten so fucking lucky. I shook my head at my thoughts and took the sweater and pulled it over my head and down.

I got out of the room and grabbed my toothbrush and the toothpaste. I quickly got my clothes on as Ben walked down the hallway. "Can you hurry, please? My teacher is so strict when it comes to showing up." He begged. I nodded and began going faster with my movements. I brushed my hair and went to take my shoes on. I grabbed my jacket and wrapped it tight around me. Benjamin got dressed and grabbed his shoes.

We left the house in silence. "Dad has been uh... asking for you a lot recently." He told me. I hadn't spoken to my father or mother after what happened with Hailey. Whenever I came home, I went straight into our bedroom and locked the door. I couldn't face them, I just didn't have the strength to right now.

"I just can't Ben, not right now. " I explained and he nodded. Benjamin always managed to understand how things work and for that I'm so grateful for him. He's a clever guy and I truly believe that he's going to turn out to be something good. We walked into the school and parted our ways due to the lockers being different ways.

I grabbed my phone out of my pocket.

Me : Hey, we should talk.

I clicked on the send button and walked down the hallway to my locker. I put my phone away again and looked around to see where he was. Ryder was standing there with that cheerleader again. She has the prettiest legs. I don't know why I noticed her legs but her outfit was pretty.

I never wear skirts. Ryder caught my eyes faster than I realized. His hood is up again, I love that about him. That he's so different apart from his friends, I like it, love it. I felt jealous. I hate it when I get jealous, it makes everything go wrong. I watched him pick up his phone and read my message. I rolled my eyes and turned around.

"Alissa! You're back." Sophia wrapped her arms around me. I smiled and messed her hair up with my hand. She rolled her eyes and pushed me away sarcastically. Mrs. Gomes walked over to us and raised an eyebrow.
"Where's the third musketeer?" She asked.

"She's sick," I answered. Mrs. Gomes nodded and walked past us. I gasped at her ignorance, she didn't even ask how I was doing which she usually always does! I can't believe it. I feel so betrayed right now. My phone vibrated because of the notification.

Creep : what is it?

I changed his name back and sighed.

Me : doesn't matter. I changed my mind.

Ryder : was it about dating? Come on, don't do that to me.

I rolled my eyes and turned my phone off. The worst thing about it was the first period of mine. Jasmine wasn't here to come with me to English class, Ryder and Milan were. Which means I have to work with those two alone.

"If you are bored during English, just text me. I have art class right now." Sophia groaned and hugged me one last time. I nodded and quickly hugged her back. I didn't feel like pulling away from her. I wish she could come with me.