T W E N T Y - S E V E N

"We will go out and have the time of our fucking lives. You need to post it on your story, I know you hate it! But right now we need to show you're thriving after a messy break-up." Sophia told me and shook her head.

I sucked in a breath and then let it out again.
"I don't feel like I have to prove anything to anyone," I answered, Sophia, rolled her eyes.

"She's in denial. Great." She said and looked over at Jasmine, who was just shrugging. There was a knock on the door, and all our heads turned to see who it was.

Mrs. Dunn slowly opened the door with a pretty smile on her face.
"Alissa, can I speak to you for a minute?" She asked. I nodded my head and got up from the bed. I turned around and saw their guilty faces.

I don't know what they did or said, but it couldn't be any good.

We sat in a quiet place, just the two of us.

"I've spoken with Jasmine and Sophia, and before I say anything, I need you to please not be mad at them." She warned, I nodded my head in agreement.

"I've heard about your eating disorder, and now that I think about it, I have noticed it."

"I don't have an eating disorder," I said in my defense. Mrs. Dunn sighed like she knew that was what I was going to say. No matter what I had to stay calm, so it looked like I spoke with honesty.

"Then what is it?" She asked and leaned closer in to seem more comforting. I hated Jasmine and Sophia so much for telling her, even if it was for my own sake.

"You don't get it. Why does everyone say I have an eating disorder? I just hate my body, it's not the same." I answered.

"What made you hate it in the first place?"

I shrugged and crossed my arms, looking down at the floor and refusing to meet her eyes. I can't tell her the truth, because she would tell my parents immediately. My parents always told me not to trust teachers, and I get why.

"If my sister never commented on it to start with, I would've been fine now." I finally gave in and told her. Mrs. Dunn sighed like she was disappointed, and regretted finding out.

"What does she say?" She questioned.

"She calls me fat, tells me to stop eating so much, and shames me whenever I eat something in front of her," I explained to her.

"Have you told her to not call you those things?" She asked me. I took a deep breath.

"If I did, she would call me too sensitive and tell me to get my shit together, and that I'm not a child that can cry about such things anymore." It was embarrassing that I had to say these things, because it felt like I was agreeing with her, just saying it out loud.

It's exhausting.

"I need you to start eating more, and I can tell that since this has been going on for weeks, me telling you this won't be enough. I hate to do this to you, but I have to give you two choices." She stopped and took a deep breath. I sat back nervously and looked down at my lap.

"You have to tell your parents about it, or I will."

My heart dropped. She couldn't be doing this to me right now. Like my mom would believe, she believes all her kids are perfect and there's no way I could be starving myself.

The only person I care about is my dad finding out about it. He's gonna be so disappointed, and angry at himself for not noticing it himself.

"I'll tell him myself, don't worry." I lied and then smiled. Mrs. Dunn raised an eyebrow and crossed her arms over her chest.