Chapter 2

Adrien

Waves rolled around the lake, whispering their quiet song. Like the tender touch of his Lady, they calmed and soothed, enveloping his soul in the comforting blanket of serenity. Moonlight reflected on the water, illuminating the garden. The perfect hideaway for a couple of lovers. Night-blooming flowers on the clearing around him shone brightly, their beauty overshadowing the grandioseness of the moon. A melody woven from the sounds of insects and animals filled the air, the whole area exploding with the lights of the fireflies. A fairy tale brought to life by their imagination.

Adrien breathed in deeply and closed his eyes. She'd be here soon. He would hold her in his arms, close to his heart. He would kiss her lips and breathe in the scent of her. He would never stop looking into the boundless blue of her eyes. His skin tingled at his memory, fingertips throbbing with an urge and desire.

Footsteps echoed from behind him. He turned around, a smile on his lips even before she came into view.

Walking down the hill, the love of his life almost floated above the ground in a red summer dress. She always wore red. Different outfits every day, but always red. Sometimes with black accents, sometimes with golden embellishments. He loved it. His Ladybug. His Lady Luck. The only woman he had ever truly loved. The only one he'd ever adored.

"Chaton!"

Ladybug ran down as soon as she spotted him. Jumping into his arms, she laughed as he twirled her around. Their lips met the moment he put her down. Gentle, soft, and loving, and yet... the most intoxicating and thrilling thing Chat had ever experienced. She always left him breathless. No one would ever be able to replace her.

"I missed you," she whispered against his lips

"I missed you too." He rested his forehead against hers. "How was your day?"

She stiffened and hid her face in his chest.

Chat held his breath. Who dared to upset his Lady? The only girl who used to bully her had moved away years ago. Was it the guy who took her on a date this evening? Chat pressed his lips together and pulled her closer. "Did something happen... on your date?"

She shook her head. "No. I chickened out and cancelled at the last minute."

Chat let out a breath he wasn't aware he was holding. "You did?"

She cuddled closer, muffling her answer in his shirt.

Perhaps he should be feeling sorry for the guy, but Chat couldn't find that in himself. His hold on her tightening, he closed his eyes, placing another kiss on her hair. His. Even if her awake-self didn't know that yet, this incredible woman was his just as much as he was hers, and hers alone. "Then what got you upset?"

Ladybug turned her head to the side so he could hear. "He's a nice guy and a good friend. I hate to upset him, so... I might have agreed to make it up to him. Some time down the line when he comes back from his trip."