Chapter 14

Marinette

"What do you mean honeymoon suites?" Adrien was staring at the hotel's manager of the extravagant Parisian hotel he booked their suites at in confusion.

"M Noir, my notes on your reservation say that you requested the two most luxurious suites for two available for the period. Those would be our honeymoon suites. With Christmas around the corner, everything else is taken."

"Why wasn't I informed about that when I was booking? As you can see, none of us are on our honeymoons."

"That shouldn't be an issue," the manager responded with a calm demeanour. "Honeymoon suites are just some of our better accommodations with additional services included, such as free meals at our restaurant, tickets to some of Paris' most famous landmarks such as the Louvre, Eiffel Tower and Versailles—"

"Excuse me, sir," Alya butted in, finally stopping holding back. "Are there pull-out couches in those suites?"

"Yes, of course." The man nodded. "Our hotel is always prepared for any way a newlyweds' night might go during their stay."

"Perfect." Alya smirked, turning to Adrien. "Marinette and I will take one room and you, boys, can have the other. I'm sure the bed is big enough to fit both of you comfortably, but if sharing is too much for your masculinity, take turns on a couch."

Adrien frowned. "Wait, I was—"

"Nuh-uh!" Alya wrapped her arm around Marinette's shoulder, pulling her to herself. "You aren't getting her in your room. I'm here to see Paris with my bestie, and I intend to do that."

"But—"

"Alya's right, dude," Nino added. "We've been through this already. If we let you two stay in the same room, you'll cuddle all day long for a week, and by then we'll have to go back."

Adrien pouted, glancing between Alya and Nino before shifting his hopeful kitten eyes towards Marinette. She wished she could support him. In her heart, she did: cuddling with Adrien was the highlight of her days. But Alya was right: they would absolutely never get out of that room, and Marinette wished to see Paris as well. That was the only reason she silently mouthed an apology, accompanied by the most sincerely regretful smile she could muster at the moment. A corner of Adrien's lips curled a bit; he sighed, turning to the hotel's manager, and asked for the keys.

"Right away, M Noir." With a million-dollar smile on his face, the manager finished their check-in and handed them four key cards. Ten minutes later, they were walking through two almost identical suites located beside each other, featuring big, round beds covered with rose petals, humongous pre-filled jacuzzis, chilled champagne in a cooler with a side of chocolate-dipped strawberries and personal butlers ready to cater to their every whim. This really was one of the best hotels in Paris.

"I'm so moving here once we graduate," Alya mumbled under her breath, watching the scenery outside the window. Turning back to everyone, she proclaimed, "We're taking this one, boys. Now, scram, because I'm planning on using that jacuzzi in about five minutes."

Nino gulped, the tips of his ears reddening as he murmured his goodbyes and sprinted out of the room with his bag in tow. Adrien headed towards Marinette instead.

"Adrien, you coming?" Nino called from the hallway. "Cause I'm claiming the bed if you aren't."

"Just a sec," Adrien yelled back, his eyes never leaving Marinette. He reached for her hands, entwining their fingers together. "So, I might have booked a few hours at a spa for you and Alya this afternoon."

He did what?

"You've been so stressed during exams," Adrien continued. "Not to mention how little sleep you got last week, preparing for tonight. I thought you'd like a little pampering before the show."