Chapter 25

Marinette

Marinette had never seen such lifeless eyes.

Chillingly blue.

Cold.

Void.

Almost inhuman.

They belonged on her Chaton's face as much as a tornado fit in the middle of a perfect sunny day at the beach.

The "I love you" he'd whispered a moment ago shouldn't have felt like a "Goodbye".

The sight of his suit and hair painted white shouldn't be hurting her more than the poison circulating in her veins.

This whole thing shouldn't be happening!

This couldn't be happening!

This was not how it was supposed to go!

They were supposed to—

"Now, my kitten," Lila's voice was honey-sweet but sent chills down Marinette's spine.

This was not Lila's kitten!

This man was her, Marinette's, Chaton!

"I made you a promise, and for once, I intend on keeping it. I won't be hurting anyone. You will. Go ahead, show them your mercy, my pet. Look how great their pain is, how despairing their suffering is. Don't you want to help them? End their misery, Chat Blanc. Start with that little blue-eyed whore you love so much. Surely, she'd been through enough because of you." Lila pointed her finger at Marinette and growled.

"Destroy."

Chat's icy blue stare focused on Marinette. He bared his fangs and growled.

Marinette sucked in her breath, a chill running down her spine. The sound of her own heartbeat thudded in her ears, only one thought running through her mind.

She had to save him!

The man before her was not her Chaton, and she would rather perish than let Lila turn her sweet Adrien into this!

"You'd better heal yourself fast," Félix whispered, crouching beside Marinette. "I can distract him, but I can't promise you more than five-ten minutes before I'm out."

Right! To save Adrien, she first had to save herself!

Marinette closed her eyes and reached for Tikki's power, forcing it to run faster, expand and heal at will quicker than it had ever healed.

"Patch up the rest, but not enough for them to be able to fight," Félix continued. "We can't have them helping Lila once they are back on their feet."

"Leave that to me," Nino grunted, crawling out from behind the table. His head and torso were covered with blood, he gave Marinette an apologetic look. "Sorry, I lost consciousness for a hot minute there."

"What are you stalling for, Adrien?!" Lila yelled, pushing Chat Blanc their way. "I said to destroy them!"

Chat started walking.

One step.

Two steps.

Three.

Félix got up, grabbing his fan. Pulling out a feather, he glanced at Nino. "I'll need your help. Even with this magic, there is no way I can fight him on my own."

"Be right there." Nino nodded, grimacing in pain as he tried to stand. Glancing Marinette's way, he whispered, "Heal Alya first. She's barely breathing."