Chapter 19

Marinette

Today was the day! She could feel it tingling on her skin, roaring through her veins, threatening to break out at the tips of her fingers: her magic. Tikki's powers. Creation itself. They'd come back from Paris a few days ago, and since then, Marinette had done almost nothing but learn to distinguish that intricate energy inside her. Today, she was going to use her magic properly for the first time. She was prepared. And she would succeed.

...or so Adrien had told her.

The first thing of order: she had to wake up a little before the sunrise and get ready. Adrien had mentioned that, unlike his powers which were at their best after sundown, creation magic was the strongest at the start of the new day. Trying to coax it out of herself at that specific time of the day made sense.

Speaking of Adrien... he was supposed to be here by now.

Marinette opened her window and looked around. The horizon was starting to glow already. The town was slowly waking up, lazily coming back to life after its slumber. Something banged on a roof to her side, most likely some stray cat rummaging around. A few cars drove by, spooking the birds up in the sky, singing their morning serenade to the rising sun. Marinette leaned out of the window, trying to decipher the shapes in the distance. "Come on, Adrien. Where are you?"

"Right here." An invisible someone pressed a light kiss to her lips.

She yelped and jumped away, back into her room, to her boyfriend's amused chuckle.

"Sorry," Chat Noir whispered, slowly appearing in the room. That lopsided smile on his lips was anything but apologetic, though. "Couldn't help myself."

Marinette pursued her lips and turned to the side, hoping to hide her flaming cheeks. "I should've expected you'd use the cloaking device."

"I didn't think it'd be wise to let people see me like this."

Marinette couldn't agree more. If they wanted to keep his presence in the town a secret, a grown man running across the rooftops in a black skin-tight suit, with a tail for a belt and ears attached to his blond mane—which was, by the way, tied in the cutest of a tiny ponytail ever—would better be hidden from the eyes of Dupont habitants. Chat Noir was a sight no one would be able to forget soon. Not the striking contrast of the neon green embellishments against the black of his suit, and certainly not those glowing green eyes of his. Marinette was still struggling to get used to that side of him, and she was in love with the man.

"Will I have a suit just like that, once Tikki awakens?"

Chat nodded. "You will, but something out of your own imagination." He winked, adding, "Better start thinking up designs, My Lady."

"Are you trying to tell me—" Marinette slowly came to stand before him, ringing the bell under his chin, "—that this accessory is something you wanted?"

Chat grinned, leaning so close to her face that Marinette was sure he could feel the heat radiating from her skin on his. "Keep denying it all you want, but I know you love it, Princess."

Her eyes flickered from his cocky grin to those lips that ravished her just an hour ago in their dreams and back up to his slitted green eyes. "Maybe just a little."

"Liar." He cupped her cheek and leaned down, greeting her with a proper kiss. "Shall we begin? I have a little less than an hour left."

Breathless, Marinette nodded. Chat de-transformed as Marinette walked to stand in front of the window, facing the sky. Closing her eyes, she soaked up the warmth of the sun's first rays peeking from behind the horizon.