Chapter 21

Marinette

She was warm. Warm and cozy and wrapped in something firm yet gentle, something that felt like happiness and home, like a ray of sunshine on a rainy day.

She didn't want to move. She wouldn't have even thought of moving if not for her hand starting to tingle and ache. Perhaps if she'd just shifted a bit...

Her pillow whimpered and pulled her closer, warm breath gliding over her skin as someone's lips placed a tender kiss on her forehead.

"Good morning, Princess," that someone whispered into her ear.

Marinette scrunched her nose and turned towards the warmth, burying her face into the comfort of what smelled suspiciously like Adrien: intoxicatingly perfect and divine. She snuggled closer.

"I love you," he whispered again, gently nuzzling her cheek.

Marinette creaked one eye open. A sleepy smile stretched her lips. "Good morning, Chaton." Snuggling back into him, she closed her eyes in delight. A few more minutes wouldn't hurt.

Adrien tightened his hold on her. "I wish I could wake up like this every morning."

A giggle slipped her. "On a couch?"

"If it means you'll be in my arms, then yes, absolutely." He brushed his lips against her cheek. Then, at the corner of her lips. Next, traced her jaw with an array of butterfly-light touches before shifting his attention to her neck.

Marinette nibbled on her lip, sucking in a breath. She loved Adrien's kisses. She spent quite some time indulging in them these days, both in this and their dream realities. But, to the best of her understanding, they were still on a couch in her living room, and it was Christmas morning, meaning her father would burst into this room at any moment because everyone in Dupont knew how overly excited Tom Dupain was about Christmas presents. And it wasn't like she thought that getting caught making out with her boyfriend by her parents was anything to be ashamed of but...

"Something's on your mind?" Adrien asked, pulling away.

She nodded slightly. "We should get up. Before Maman and Papa come." She didn't move an inch.

"Okay." Adrien breathed out, cradling her cheek and closing the distance between them.

Marinette's eyes fluttered closed, her heart soaring at the gentleness of his touch, the trembling of his fingertips on her skin, his—

"Good morning, kids!!!" With the sound of the door swinging open, Tom's voice thundered through the room.

Pushing Adrien back, Marinette scrambled away only to grab for him as he fell off the couch. No such luck. The man hit the floor with a thud, a smile quivering on his lips even as he looked up at her like a kicked puppy.

"I'm so sorry. Did I hurt you again?"

Adrien chuckled. "Only my pride."

"Did you, kids, fall asleep here?" Sabine looked at them from behind the couch.

"The movie was boring, I was tired, and Adrien is comfortable to sleep on." Marinette's cheeks flamed under her parents' knowing smiles. She abruptly stood and quickly fixed her clothes. "I need coffee."

"I'll make you some, dear," Sabine said, heading for the kitchen. "Would you like some too, Adrien?"

He looked at the woman, then his eyes shifted to Tom. "Does that count as breakfast? Because I've been told I'm the cook this morning."

"Now, who would tell you such a thing?" Tom's smile was nothing short of sly. "Most importantly when?"

"Your daughter, Tom," Adrien responded. "In my dream, just a few hours ago. But you do realize how unreliable of a test that is, don't you? You should've at least sent me home for the night and confiscated our cell phones for this to be somewhat trustworthy."