Prologue

*Time date: A few hours after Mephiles had been defeated and brought back to Mobius*

(\\// Mobius: Soleanna Lab \\//)

Scourge and his Octostrikers came out from the portal in the lab as he took out the Scepter of Darkness and released the dark matter from the relic. The matter reformed itself as Mephiles was back up again.

"Well, we're back on Mobius again." Scourge said, to Mephiles. "You alright?"

"Not exactly. With Tartar erased from my octoling side, I don't have as much strength as I used to." Mephiles replied. "My powers have become compressed on Earth. For now."

"We still have your emerald." Scourge said, handing Mephiles back his emerald. "You could still use your powers with it in hand."

"I don't think my emerald will be of any help right now." Mephiles said.

"We'll stop them eventually." Jinx said.

"With Tartar gone, his intelligence will no longer be useful to us." Mephiles said.

He decided to then scrap the plans Tartar had, and decided on something else.

"While in my departed state, I decided to change my ways of chaos. Since you four refer to me as your master... I am glad I have servants like you. And controlling you, Scourge... really helped." Mephiles said, smiling evilly.

"Yes, I have." Scourge said, bowing before Mephiles. "But before this you just wanted to destroy everything."

"Destruction comes from conflict. From the eternal struggle between light and dark. If you four continue to serve me, I will destroy the balance, and end this conflict once and for all." Mephiles explained, as the Octostrikers nodded and accepted to serve him. "There will be peace... in the dark."

"Well, there's something that I've been working on that might help us out back in our world." Gizmo said, pulling out a set of blueprints. "I've been working on a new variant of ink resistant armor that'll never be damaged by inkling ink. I've also been working on new weapons, but I haven't really finished making them."

"The new weapons should be able to pierce through any type of material. Even inkling ink." Mephiles said. "I want you four to build me an army... that is my first command."

"How so? Like with what of Tartar's primordial ooze is left?" Rogue said, as Jinx slapped him again.

"Are you that dumb?! That would never work with those heroes being so powerful!" Jinx said.

"No... Rogue is right. But as well, I want the cleansed Octarian army built from you, to be geared with armor made of vengestone." Mephiles said.

"Uh... what's vengestone?" Gizmo asked.

"It's a very rare material on Mobius that can nullify Mobian powers when they're too close. Meaning my enemies weakness, will be my strength." Mephiles replied. "So, I want Scourge and Gizmo to get the remaining primordial ooze from the NILS Statue on Earth. Rogue and Jinx, you two will find as much vengestone you can get."

"Yes, Master." The Octostrikers said, taking orders.

"Then, what do we do after that?" Jinx asked.

"Go down to the Metro Station Trial remains on Earth and obtain as much darksteel you can get me." Mephiles replied. "It's for the activators in Gizmo's armor blueprints. As well it'll need a power source like iridium crystals. Don't fail me, Octostrikers."

The Octostrikers took orders and went out to do their master's bidding.

With Mephiles and the Octostrikers working on new armor and weapons from vengestone, his master plan is nearing completion.

(Sonic/Splatoon Crossover: Days of Darkness)

*Final Story to Season 1 of SpeedyLitSonic Stories Timeline.*

'Original publish date: 9/25/2022'