Chapter 12: Chamber of Flames

The heroes were now in another unknown area. Shadow woke up first as he saw he was somewhere with everything on fire.

"Ugh... what happened?" Shadow said, placing a hand to his head.

"Ow, my head." Marie said. "Where the hell..."

Callie got up as she helped Marie to her feet.

Sonic, Sonia, and Manic got up too.

"What happened?" Sonia said.

"The last I remember was being sucked into some kind of Chamber of Flames." Sonic said. "And, Silver... Mephiles has control over him."

"We have to find a way to get him free." Manic said.

"Well, the first thing we have to do, is find a way out of here." Marie said.

"Marie's right. Let's go." Shadow said.

Callie held tightly to Shadow for safety and comfort. The six agents ran through as they passed into an area that looked like Crisis City.

"Wow... So this is what Silver was defending when Iblis was unleashed." Sonic said.

"Could be... I mean, we've never seen it before." Marie said.

"Shadow? Is Sonic right?" Callie asked.

"Yup. When Silver and Blaze first met Mephiles they thought he was trying to save the future. But his real plan was to eliminate the past." Shadow explained.

Fire monsters came from behind buildings to attack the heroes.

"What are those?" Sonia said.

"Iblis' Incarnations." Shadow said, recognizing them.

"Let's take them out!" Sonic said.

The heroes activated their armor and got out their weapons. Sonic sliced down five biters. Sonia blasted down a couple takers and Manic stabbed them to death with his swords. Callie used her roller to splat down a few more biters. Marie sniped down a few more takers leaving Shadow to take them out with his sword.

"I think that's all of them." Shadow said.

"So, where should we go now?" Callie asked.

"We should keep following the path." Sonic said.

The heroes kept going down the path of the burning city. Without paying attention, they end up walking on a trap door and end up falling. Everyone was a bit nervous if the drop was gonna stop. Sonic and the others hit the ground as they were in some kind of white space.

"What the... where are we?" Callie said.

"Kinda looks like White Space." Sonic said.

"From when the Time Eater attempted to destroy us back on Mobius." Manic said.

"Looks just the same." Shadow said. "Mephiles was really in charge of that."

Marie spotted a short pink and tall green silhouettes that looked like the shape of citizens of Inkopolis.

"Uh... who are they?" Marie said.

"I don't know." Callie said. "They look like corrupted citizens of Inkopolis."

The two individuals walked over to a hatch door and pointed to it.

"I...I think those two are trying to tell us something." Shadow said.

Manic walked over to the door and opened the hatch.

"Uh... should we go in? It could be a trap set by Mephiles." Sonia said, in concern.