Chapter 13: Impending Darkness

Sonic, Shadow, Sonia, Manic, Callie, Marie, Pearl, Marina, Tails, Amy, Knuckles, Blaze, Agent 3, Agent 4, Agent 8, and G.U.N. Millitary saw the smoke cleared and that Mephiles hasn't moved from his spot.

"Oh, you're all still here." Mephiles said.

"What is Silver doing?" Callie said.

"I know that's you Mephiles!" Marina said. "Release Silver, he has nothing to do with this!"

"Finally... after all these years..." Mephiles said. "I shall complete my master plan!"

The power of the pendant shards all fired a red beam connecting together creating a crystal prism.

"Tartar might've failed to destroy this world and restart it... but I won't." Mephiles said. "Once I finally kill Sonic, I will achieve my full power once more!"

"Uh... what's he talking about?" Marina said.

"Well... me, Shadow, and Silver defeated a god known as Solaris a while back. But G.U.N. accidentally resurrected Mephiles, which is his dark half. The fire half Iblis is sealed inside him and will only be released if he kills me." Sonic explained.

"So, what does that mean?" Pearl asked.

"That means, if Mephiles kills Sonic, it will be the end of our worlds!" Shadow said.

"And we can't allow that to happen!" Knuckles said prepared for battle.

As the pendant shards continued charging the crystal, missiles were fired from G.U.N.'s choppers as Mephiles was hit and engulfed in a puff of smoke as the pedant shards power stopped.

"Calvary's here!" Captain said.

Everyone else cheered as Mephiles was down for now.

"Quick. Get Sonic inside and keep him safe!" Pearl said.

Sonic, Shadow, Sonia, and Manic nodded as they all went in.

"Silver..." Blaze said worried holding the Jeweled Scepter in its scythe form.

"Need a little help here?" Tails said.

"Yes, I think that'd be much appreciated." Marina said.

"Your reign of destruction ends here, Mephiles!" Knuckles said.

As the smoke cleared, Silver's body got corrupted even worse. The left half of his hair turned black, the left of his face turned white, his eye turned red and green, and his arm and bottom half and collar of his torso became like Mephiles' crystal style form. And 2 corrupted patches on his legs, and one on his arms.

Everyone was shocked seeing his appearance, and that he's still standing.

"Whoa! Silver doesn't look so good." Agent 4 said worried.

"Mephiles! Release Silver at once!" Pearl said.

"You can have him back. All I request is Sonic!" Mephiles ordered.

"That's never gonna happen!" Knuckles said as he got on Pearl's Killer Wail.

Pearl screamed into her killer wail speaker as Knuckles launched up. G.U.N. fired another set of missiles at Mephiles. As Knuckles and the missiles got close to Mephiles, he grabbed them with Silver's telekinetic powers. He then threw Knuckles back at Pearl and as he crash landed. He then sent the missiles away as he cut the power from the choppers as they crashed to the ground.

"Octostrikers! Get Sonic! Bring him to me alive!" Mephiles said.

"Yes, Master!" Scourge said. "Octarians, after them!"