Chapter 3: War! (Part 2)

Octavio, Silver, and the real Revenant stood waiting for the big metal doors to open.

"Okay. Be ready. We don't know what Mephiles will do when we start the battle." Silver said.

Octavio and Revenant nodded as the doors opened. Knuckles, Sonia, Manic, and Blaze came in exhausted with their armor deactivated.

"He's all yours." Knuckles said tired. "We're gonna help the others with the rest of the armor."

"You guys did what you could. We'll hold him off till you finish." Silver said.

"Okay. Good luck, Silver." Blaze said as she hugged him.

"Thank you, Blaze." Silver said accepting her hug.

Knuckles, Sonia, Manic, and Blaze went back to help the others with the armor. Silver was equipped with his current weapon. Octavio's weapons were an Octarian shield and an Ink Sword. Revenant was equipped with a small sledge hammer and hamaxe. The material was stronger than darksteel. Revenant and Octavio's weapons were made from Adamantium.

"Let's go." Silver said as the warriors went on for their battle.

Mephiles was without his helmet as it was on his staff in the ground. The master of darkness looked upon the heroes walking towards him as he spoke.

"You could not live with your own failure. Where did that bring you? Back to me." Mephiles said. "I thought by being known as the Demon of Destruction... I just want to destroy Mobius and the rest of the universe. But the Octostrikers and Tartar have shown me... there's more to that."

"How so? My team shouldn't just betray the Octarians like this." Revenant said.

"Tartar is cruel like me... but when if he destroyed this planet, he'd rebuild it and put himself in charge." Mephiles explained. "They will all resist him."

"Yup, we're all kinds of stubborn." Silver said. "You tried to kill Sonic numerous times and failed. You even wanted me to kill him. But when Shadow showed me the truth, I knew it was then my trust to you was lost!"

"I know. And I was thankful." Mephiles said. "And now... I see what I must do."

Mephiles stood up as he took his helmet and compacted it to its activator.

"Once I finally get my revenge, and regain my true powers as Solaris... I will shred both universes of Mobius and Earth... down to its last atom." Mephiles continued as he put his helmet activator on his armor and activated it. "And then... create a new one... teeming with life... that knows not what it has lost... but only what it has been given."

Mephiles took his staff out of the ground and it switched to its sword. Octavio and Revenant charged their weapons up ready for battle. Silver activated his helmet as he took his blade out.

"A grateful universe." Mephiles finished.

"Born out of the flesh and blood you killed." Octavio said.

"They'll never know it." Mephiles said. "Because any survivors will become enslaved for the rest of their lives. And you won't be alive to tell them."

The battle has begun once again. Revenant yelled out a battle cry, as Silver flew in and struck his blade at Mephiles as he tumbled. Octavio threw his shield and it got knocked back by Mephiles' blade. Revenant threw his small hammer as he gripped tightly to his hamaxe. Mephiles kicked Revenant and Octavio as Silver flew up and used his psykinetic blasts on Mephiles but had no effect thanks to the vengestone armor. But came up with a different plan. He went over to Revenant as he began a new attack that was still in testing.