Chapter 2: War! (Part 1)

6 weeks have passed since the Splatsville Resistance has started working on their new armor against the cleansed Octarian army Mephiles had created from Tartar's primordial ooze. And so far armor activators for Sonic, Shadow, Sonia, Manic, Knuckles, Silver, and Blaze are complete. Everyone else's activators are still in the works. The resistance also called help from Deep Cut, Eggman, and Octavio, along side the Octarian army to boost the production of the armor.

"And this part here." Octavio said.

"Got it." Eggman said, placing a darksteel plate down on an open spot. "Blaze, can you weld this together?"

"On it." Blaze said, as used her pyrokinetic abilities to weld the metal plates together.

"This is good." Baxtory said. "At this rate, we'll have our armor ready before Mephiles gets here."

In the mean time, Sonic and Shadow finished prepping up their armor. But as for the red and black haired octoling hedgehog, he was suffering another headache, along with recieving another vision.

"Shadow, you alright?" Sonic asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Shadow replied. "It's just that I got another vision. It looked like it was outside the base."

"What did you see?" Sonic asked.

"I saw... Mephiles! He's coming... but on his own." Shadow said.

"Wait... on his own?" Sonic said, confused.

"Yup. He's got seven gems on his armor and sword." Shadow explained. "I don't know what they're for."

"We'll just have to find out." Knuckles said. "Our armor activators are ready."

"The others will follow in when theirs are done." Silver said, handing Sonic and Shadow their armor activators and weapons.

Sonia, Manic, and Blaze joined them as the seven of them activated their armor. Sonic's Excalibur armor and sword were made from golden titanium. It's one of the strongest materials that can withstand Mephiles' power. The resistance only has a small stash of it, and since Mephiles is mainly after Sonic, he'll need it the most. Shadow's armor and sword look is based on Lancelot. Silver's armor and weapon is based on Galahad. Sonia's armor was to her style and was given a similar sword to Sonic's.

 Sonia's armor was to her style and was given a similar sword to Sonic's

'Art rights belongs to KitareArtist on Deviantart. So I couldn't find any armor style that looks good besides this. So it's the best I got.'

Manic's armor and weapons style was based on Lamorak. Knuckles' armor and weapons style was based on Gawain. And finally Blaze's armor and sword style is based on Percival.

"We'll join you guys as soon as we finish everything." Tails said.

"Alright, Tails." Sonic said as he closed his helmet.

"Let's go." Shadow said, as he and the others prepared for battle.

Sonic, Shadow, Silver, Sonia, Manic, Knuckles, and Blaze have stepped out of the resistance base and waited for Mephiles' arrival.