Damn those brown eyes

Chapter 3

"Alright. We are going into town." Sapnap said, dragging Dream out of bed. Dream groaned and pushed Sapnap off, falling back into his bed. "Bro, you haven't left your room in over a week."

"Yes I have." Dream mumbled. Sapnap rolled his eyes and threw a pair of shoes onto Dream's back.

"Get the hell up. We are meeting with Quackity." He said. Dream groaned in response as Sapnap left the room.

Miraculously, Dream got himself ready and the two of them were walking down a street in town. Sapnap was window shopping, staring longingly at various things he could buy. Dream was just following along, sighing occasionally.

"Told Quackity we would meet him at Starbucks." Sapnap said, nearing the stretch of various coffee shops.

"Guys!" They heard a shout, and a guy came barreling towards them, chucking an arm around Sapnap and Dream's necks and immediately steering them in the direction of a park, and nearly knocking Dream's cap off his head.

"What about coffee?" Sapnap asked, looking back over his shoulder at the Starbucks they were walking away from.

"Hate the stuff." Quackity dismissed it.

"Hi Quackity." Dream sighed.

"Wassup. Everyone including Karl has been ignoring me for a week! He just got back from that trip and you guys are hogging him!"

"We've been busy." Sapnap defended them. "And Karl's busy today."

"Whatever. I have a brilliant idea of what we should do. There's this market on today and they have a ton of stalls." Quackity said.

"You didn't strike me as a market kind of guy." Dream said, putting his hands in his pockets.

"Of course I'm a market kind of guy. Who isn't." Quackity scoffed, leading the way towards a street that had been closed for the numerous stalls.

Dream was still moping. He truly did not want to leave his bed.

"Cheer up, loser. I found socks." Sapnap said, gesturing to a stall that was purely fun socks.

Dream watched in amusement as Sapnap and Quackity each picked out a few pairs.

They walked through the market, which was surprisingly more busy than anticipated. Dream was taller than most, being able to look ahead at the next stalls and predict which ones Quackity and Sapnap would drag him to next.

"Where have you guys even been this past week. I didn't get a single answer from you, Dream at all. And Karl said he didn't have time to hang out even though he was back from his trip. And you, Sapnap." Quackity said as they walked.

"Um." Sapnap looked at Dream, who just looked at the ground. "Dream's been sick. And we've been taking care of him so haven't had time to see you."

It was partly true. Dream hadn't left his room, in some kind of depressed funk that Sapnap thought was somewhat over-dramatic. Ok, maybe not that dramatic. He did just see his ex-fiancé -no, ex-boyfriend- who disappeared for years and returned with a living four year old on his hip. A bit of a shock, Sapnap supposed. He let Dream mope for a bit.

"But I thought some fresh air might be good for him today. Right, Dream?" Sapnap said. Dream just nodded.

"What's Karl doing today then?" Quackity asked. At that question, Sapnap shuffled slightly nervously.

"He's um... he's looking at a suit. For the wedding."

"Why aren't you with him?"

"Oh. I already know what suit he's getting, Karl's just doing sizes and I wanted to get Dream out of the house." Sapnap patted Dream on the shoulder.