So many smiles

Chapter 10

"Which flavour have you picked?" George asked, holding Lana up so she could look at all the flavours through the glass.

"The rainbow one." She pointed.

"Tell the lady please." George prompted, and Lana looked at the worker.

"Rainbow please." She said, and the worker smiled as she made the icecream.

"What about you, George." Dream said, standing next to him.

"Me?"

"It's been a big day, you need some icecream too." He said with a smile.

"I'm not that hungry to be honest. I don't think I'd even finish half a cup." George chuckled, placing Lana back on her feet.

"What if we share? You pick the flavour and we can get two spoons." Dream said.

"Oh." George looked between Dream and the icecream. "You sure?"

"Of course."

"You don't want a whole one for yourself?"

"I couldn't possibly." Dream said, still wearing the same smile.

"Ok, sure. Um." George looked at all the flavours. "I don't know which one."

"You like cookies and cream." Dream offered, pointing at the tub. George looked at Dream, waiting for him to meet his eyes. Dream's smile faltered slightly and he swallowed. "Or, uh... you did. Um." He started playing with a ring on his finger.

"I do." George said softly, with a nod. "One cup?" He asked, and Dream relaxed, smiling with ease again.

"One cup of cookies and cream as well please." Dream said to the lady, who nodded and scooped it up as well.

"That comes to $10.50." The lady said, tapping on the register. Dream scanned his card before George even grabbed his own wallet. George stared at Dream, eyes wide, hand still halfway to his pocket.

"I was going to pay." George said. Dream brushed past him to grab the two cups on the counter, grabbing an extra spoon.

"Too late." He said with a grin, walking over to Lana who was reaching up with eager hands. "Now, now. Let's find a seat before you spill it everywhere." Dream kept it out of reach. She whined but then ran outside to find a table. Dream chuckled and pushed the door open with his back, waiting for George to walk outside too.

"Dream." George was glaring slightly. He looked adorable.

"It's just icecream, George." Dream said in a soft tone. A tone rarely used for anyone else. George slowly walked past Dream as he held the door open, meeting his eyes.

"Thank you." He said softly, looking at the ground briefly before searching the area for Lana. She had found a table and was sitting eagerly, kicking her feet as she grew more impatient.

"Here you go, silly." Dream laughed, placing the cup of rainbow icecream on the table in front of her. She squealed in delight and immediately began eating. George sat down beside her, while Dream sat opposite George, also placing the cup with two spoons down.

"I haven't had icecream in a while." George said, cautiously grabbing the spoon after Dream grabbed his. "I don't usually get myself one when Lana does."

"That's sad." Dream took a bite. "Icecream is my go to sad meal."

"I know." George smiled sadly. "A tub of plain vanilla."

"It's delicious."

"Bland."

"Perfect."

"We've had this argument before." George said, laughing before swallowing and losing his smile.