Drunken realisations

Chapter 16

CW// throwing up

Dream was definitely tipsy. Tipsy enough where he was laughing at everything and swinging his arms around people's shoulders without a care and honestly just feeling pretty good.

He was still so hyper aware of George, though.

George, who was also tipsy, with pink in his cheeks and unsteady movements. But he was much more reserved than Dream recalled in the past. Dream didn't think about it too hard though, he was feeling quite good, as mentioned earlier.

Definitely not thinking about awkward car rides or failed proposals or nicknames. And definitely not noticing George's gaze on him quite often, or how he gravitated towards Dream, and certainly not how Dream gravitated towards him either.

They suddenly were at the laser tag place, and Dream could not for the life of him figure out his stupid vest, laughing to himself as he got tangled in the buckles and straps, vaguely listening to the rest of the group sing loudly and arrogantly as they waited to enter the arena. The employees were amused, at least. Considering they had booked out the entire thing for their bachelor party. They didn't even get told the rules.

"You're an idiot." It was George's fond voice that made Dream pause, and the vest was lifted off him. He watched as George twisted around the vest and undid the buckles, before holding it out for Dream, raising a singular eyebrow.

"I'm not an idiot." Dream retorted, and reluctantly stuck his arms into the holes, letting George drop it over his head.

"You are. That's okay." George laughed, moving around Dream as he clicked in the buckles and tightened the straps. Dream went quiet, as George fussed around him, a smile resting on his face as he watched the brunet.

When George finished, he looked up at Dream, and noticed the lopsided smile on his face.

"What?" George huffed, crossing his arms across his chest. "You're the one who couldn't put it on properly. You're worse than Lana at getting dressed yourself."

"Well, I'm much more efficient at getting undressed." Dream smirked, and then paused, dropped his smirk and furrowed his eyebrows. As if he just confused himself with his own stupid, flirty comment.

George's face was burning, but he let out a laugh, especially at Dream's reaction to his own comment.

"I don't know why I said that." Dream's smiled returned at seeing George laugh.

"It's a battle of the grooms! Team Sapnap verse Team Karl." Sapnap announced, and all their attention went towards him and Karl, who grinned.

"May the better groom win." Karl said, gathering up his entourage, while Sapnap turned to his groomsmen with an evil smile, summoning them over for a group meeting.

"Listen up. Quackity, you're shit at this. So you're on Chandler, got it?"

"The fuck?"

"Dream. You're usually good, how drunk are you." Sapnap pointed at him, like he wasn't gone himself.

"I'm so sober." Dream winked.

"Excellent. You keep track of Jimmy. Bad, you're actually sober, and decent at laser tag. I need you to follow Sean because he's fucking cracked. You wouldn't think so. But he is."

"Got it." Bad nodded.

"Punz, try not to fall over."

"Sure thing babe." Punz was leaning against the wall, barely paying attention.

"George, you're the best I've got."

"I won't let you down." George saluted him, nearly throwing himself off balance.