A little bit scary

Chapter 17

Dream has been caught up in the whirlwind of wedding planning. As the wedding drew even closer, Dream shouldered a lot of the stress so Sapnap and Karl wouldn't have to, offering to call and confirm appointments, and pick up last minute things for the ceremony and reception.

It means he's had less time to see George. Which maybe he would be slightly relieved about, seeing as George wanted to discuss things. But it honestly just made him a little sad, and he was missing the boy who has definitely kept a piece of Dream's shattered heart all these years.

That's the new thing Dream has been pondering frequently. His feelings.

As much as he would love to ignore or deny them, the truth is that they are there. He likes George. More than he thinks he should. And it feels so scary and wrong despite making so much sense. He once loved George, and it tore him apart when he lost him. There's more to lose this time, because Dream does truly care for Lana as well. He wouldn't survive losing them both if something happened and he screwed things up.

Lana. That's the other issue. Not necessarily an issue, of sorts. But more of something to consider. They're a package deal, George and Lana. It's a bit frightening to realise that.

And then there's the scary realisation that Dream has no idea what George is thinking or feeling. He realises that's sort of the point of their discussion, to air out any miscommunication, but who's to say George has even thought about those kinds of feelings. Dream has obviously realised he still has feelings for his ex, but George may not have any of the sort. This is likely entirely one-sided, and Dream is fine with that so long as George never realises.

But here Dream was, quickly making his way into the ring shop to pick up the wedding rings for the ceremony as Sapnap instructed him to do. He didn't have to think about George, or feelings, or discussions or-

"Dream?" George's voice was like honey, and Dream instantly turned with a smile, and when his eyes settled on the brunet, he let out almost a sigh of relief. A strange reaction, he realised.

"Dream!" Was Lana's more excitable shout, taking Dream by surprise once again with her hug.

"Hi Alana." He hugged her back, while still looking at George. "I feel like I haven't seen you ages." He said, as Lana tugged him closer to George. He went willingly, of course, feeling more relaxed the longer he kept his eyes on the boy. George laughed and nodded.

"Does seem like that. Been busy running wedding errands." George sighed.

"Me too. Wait, what are you doing here, then?" Dream asked, eyebrows furrowing. He felt Lana start fiddling with the rings on his own hand, and let her.

"Karl asked me to pick up the rings." George explained, and Dream let out a huff, pulling out his phone and rapidly texting with one hand.

"Sapnap told me the same thing. They really need to work on their communication then, if they want this marriage to work." Dream shook his head, but was smiling.

"Oh. Well, the woman is bringing them out now. I can hold on to them if you like." George offered.

"I've got to go pick up Karl's suit so I can just take them. Not to mention I'm the ring bearer for the ceremony, so I'll have to hold onto them anyway. Not sure why Karl sent you to get them, you'd have to make the unnecessary trip to our house to drop them off." Dream was slightly puzzled.

"I like going to your place, it's a nice house. Plus Lana gets excited to see everyone." George said, reaching out to pat her hair. "We've got nothing planned today. Maybe we could join you while you pick up the suit?" George asked, but he seemed slightly nervous about the question, fingers anxiously twisting Lana's hair.