Fight for it

Chapter 18

Dream had his hands over his eyes with a grin on his face as he spun around in his chair, waiting. He heard Lana giggling and George shushing her.

"Alright. Ready?" George asked her.

"Yep. Dream! You can look now!" Lana called out.

Dream removed his hands off his eyes and gasped dramatically. Although, he was actually surprised by Lana's dress. She beamed up at him, fingers tugging at the corners of the navy dress where the silver sparkles glistened. She looked expectantly at Dream.

"Wow. You look beautiful." Dream kneeled on the floor and reached out to take her hands, giving them a squeeze. "Like a princess."

"Really?" She asked, eyes wide with hope and cheeks pink with delight. Dream laughed and nodded.

"So beautiful." He said, and Lana jumped onto him to give him a hug, which he instantly returned.

Dream glanced up at George, who was watching with a fond smile. Dream's breath stuttered for a moment because he also hadn't seen George in his suit yet. And now he's worried he won't actually be able to look away.

"You look beautiful, too." Dream said to George, with perhaps too much earnestness without really thinking. But he was glad he did when a faint blush appeared on George's cheeks. Lana giggled and let go of Dream, letting him stand back up.

"Thanks. Uh. You... you look good too." George said, eyes flicking over Dream's own suit. They were both in the same colour of dark blue to match the colour palette chosen, like everyone else in the wedding party.

They were interrupted by Dream's Mom knocking and entering the room.

"George, lovely, do you mind going to check on Karl?" She said, eyebrows furrowed like she was slightly worried. George nodded, and glanced at Dream once before gently taking Lana's hand and taking her out of the room.

"I think it's best if you come see Sapnap, Clay." His Mom said, taking his arm and making him follow.

"Why? What's wrong?" He asked. The wedding was set to start in an hour downstairs at the venue they were currently at. Everyone was getting ready and doing finishing touches.

"You'll see." She said, lips pressed together.

Sapnap and Karl were in separate rooms since they woke up, wanting to keep up the tradition of having their first look down the aisle. Holly lead Dream to Sapnap's room for the day, patted him on the shoulder once, before opening the door and ushering him inside.

Sapnap was pacing, pulling on his hair. His suit jacket wasn't even on. He looked a mess.

"Dream!" Sapnap went to him the second he entered the room and gripped his shoulders. "Dream I can't do this."

"What? What are you talking about." Dream said, gently moving Sapnap to a seat, and pulling another over to sit in front of him.

"I'm getting married." Sapnap stressed.

"I know. How amazing is that." Dream said, smiling a soft smile that he hoped would calm Sapnap down.

"What if it goes wrong?" Sapnap was very clearly worked up.

"You've rehearsed your vows and we had the rehearsal dinner yesterday. Nothing is going to go wrong today." Dream assured him.

"Not with the wedding." Sapnap pressed his hands on his cheeks. "What about our marriage?"

"You and Karl?" Dream asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

"What if it doesn't work out." Sapnap whispered.