Scraped knees

Chapter 11

It was the squeals of laughter that woke Dream up first, before the added weight that jumped on top of him.

George, who was still lying on top of him from last night, startled awake, and pushed himself up off Dream as fast as he could, despite Lana currently attached to his back.

"Wh-what." George said, sitting up, looking down at Dream who slowly opened his eyes, seeing George looking down at him, hands on his chest to keep himself upright, and little Lana peering over George's shoulder while laughing.

"Daddy falled asleep on Dream!" She cackled, and George blushed deeply.

"Come here you little monkey. I told you not to wake them." Sapnap came and peeled her off George, while she was still laughing.

"Dream, I am so sorry." George said, immediately get off of Dream and standing by the couch. Dream sat up straight.

"Don't apologise, it's fine. I didn't want to wake you last night and you seemed comfy." Dream said, giving George a smile to show him it was fine.

"I really am sorry. I didn't mean to. You should have just woken me up and sent me home." George took a step back.

"Well, I did ask you. You were a little sleepy though and said you wanted to stay." Dream said, a little sheepishly. George covered his face and turned away.

"Oh my God. Ok. Lana, time to go. We've overstayed." He walked through the room, and Dream quickly jumped to his feet, following George through the house into the kitchen, where Karl was pushing a fresh bowl of cereal towards Lana and who was sitting on Sapnap's lap at the kitchen bench.

"George, it's fine." Dream chuckled.

"It's not fine." George didn't look at Dream. "Did you say thank you for the cereal." He said to his daughter.

"She did." Karl smiled. "George, would you like anything?"

"No. Lana, finish quickly. We are going soon." George said.

"Ok." She said, and then proceeded to collect some cereal on her spoon and raise it very, very slowly to her mouth, all while staring at her Dad.

"Lana."

She made a point of chewing very slowly, and Sapnap had to cover his mouth to hide his laughter.

"I don't wanna go."

"Don't talk with your mouth full." George pointed at her. "And we have to go soon."

"No."

"Alana."

"No! I want to stay!"

"This isn't our house. We need to go home and have a bath and get changed." George said. Lana shook her head with a glare.

"I want to stay with Uncle Sapnaf and Uncle Karl and Dream!" She said. Dream looked at the floor. And Dream. Just Dream.

"You can come visit anytime, Lana. But you have all your toys and your lovely bed at home." Sapnap said.

"But you aren't there." She frowned.

"But we see you a lot now, don't we?" Sapnap said. She nodded. "It's more exciting when you see us if there is a little break, isn't there?" He asked, and she slowly nodded.

"How about on Monday we all go to the park when you finish preschool?" Karl offered, looking at George who nodded.

"Yes! And then I will be extra excited to see you because I had to wait." Lana said, and Sapnap smiled.