1

Chapter 1

On the top of an apartment building in the Chinese metropole Shanghai a man walked on the roof with a young girl towards a small shack, that consisted of old, unused roof panels all leaned against the wall of the emergency exit to the roof. The entrance of the shack was half-covered with a white bed sheet and the edge of the cover was tied back to the corner up on a wooden pole, so that it would be fixed. The man let the girl enter into the space, then turned on a light, so that they could see right in front of them a large map of China plastered with several postcards of different places around the country.

"Did you bring the glue with you?" The man asked gazing down at the short girl, that stood beside him. The girl took out from the jeans she was wearing at the moment and showed it to her father.

"Here dad" The girl answered, then the man looked at the map and placed his finger under a postcard with the image of a desert, then looked down at the girl.

"Do you think this spot is suitable for the picture?" Questioned the man earning a nod from the child. "Good then we stick it here"

The girl removed the cap of the glue and got closer to the map and lifted her feet up to reach with her arms close to the image and placed the sticky glue on the sheet moving it a little up and down to spread the adhesive, thereafter she placed the cap of the glue stick back and placed it back inside the pocket of her jeans. Her father took from the inside of his dress jacket a small notebook, which he opened to show it to the girl, where there lied between the pages a cut-out picture of a white-colored highspeed train, afterward the girl took the image and placed it over the glue, that she had put on the country map and passed her hand over it to smooth it.

"Well done Yi" The man complimented patting the girl on the head, then the girl embraced her father and looked together with him at the card.

"When will we be able to visit all these places?" Yi asked gazing up at her father which rolled his eyes down at the girl with a small chuckle.

"One day my angel" The raven-haired man responded placing his index finger in the middle of his glasses to shove them up his nose bridge. "You know we're going to need a lot of money for us to go see these places again"

"I know dad"

"But don't worry, you will see those places someday, I promise" The man promised passing his hand through the black hair locks of his daughter. Yi smiled and hugged her father, which smiled and patted her on the back. Yi took her head away from her father and looked up at the face of her dad smiling simper at the adult, which mirrored her facial expression. His face suddenly turned shocked and he started to scream like a goat putting Yi into shock.

Meanwhile, a raven-haired girl, that lied covered inside a bed woke up frightened and sat up immediately on her bed crying out loud.

"Ahh!" The girl looked around the room terrified, then saw on the other side of the bedroom a pink-haired girl sitting with her smartphone in her hands laughing.

"Oh Yi, you had to see your face as I played the screaming goat video on high volume," The teenage girl told the Chinese girl, who growled at the girl's deed.

"Alex, are you crazy?" Yi shouted throwing her pillow against the girl, which still laughed at her prank.

"Sorry last school day and I feel so euphoric. It's weird to admit, but I missed my family so much" Alex mentioned placing her smartphone next to the desk, that stood beside her bed.