22

Chapter 2

In the evening Mrs. Haas was taking off the used plates from the dinner table while the only persons remaining sitting were Jin, Yi and the Swiss-Austrian descendant girl Sonja.

"Did you two enjoy my Kaiserschmarrn?" The woman asked earning a nod from the newbies.

"Really sweet" Yi answered. "And it doesn't fill my stomach so much as the fondue did during lunchtime"

"Yes, I know. This was just a rare occasion. Ben and Sonja love fondue and so do I. It was about time to make some now, that we're here in the snowy areas" The mother explained to the raven-haired girl.

"It was a perfect choice Mrs. Haas" Jin complimented doing the chef kiss, making Yi roll her eyes in amusement while Sonja noticed and agreed with the girl. Sonja looked back at her smartphone again, then grinned as she received a message from someone.

"My friend Nadja just sent me this funny meme here" Sonja mentioned showing her smartphone to the short teenager.

"What's funny about it?" Yi asked curiously, then Sonja showed to her friend Jin the image, making Jin chuckle while Yi twitched her eyebrows confused "Uh I didn't get it"

"Look closer and you see the cow is made of moos" Jin pointed out earning a nod from the friend.

"Oh," Yi answered in understanding.

Mrs. Haas passed behind the two Chinese friends and grabbed the plate of the two, then Jin noticed the woman carrying the plates and got up from the chair grabbing them.

"I'll be taking them to the kitchen" Jin offered earning a smile from the woman.

"That was not necessary" The woman answered following Jin into the kitchen. Yi watched the memes Sonja had shown her on the smartphone and the blonde observed her mother accompanying the friend of Yi into the kitchen, where he placed the plates on the counter next to the sink. Jin glanced out of the kitchen seeing Yi with a goofy smile on her face as the half-Austrian girl showed her memes on her smartphone, then Jin leaned his back on the counter smiling because of her and Mr. Haas came along while looking out of the room.

"Why don't you just tell her, how you feel?" Mr. Haas asked and Jin looked up at the man in confusion.

"But......I never mentioned that I like her. How.....Am I making this look so obvious?" Jin questioned the man surprised at the quick knowledge he has about his crush.

"I have seen last night you were so worried about her. You were willing to freeze to death for her. I've experienced many similar cases to yours as a paramedic. Don't be surprised about it"

Jin watched the girls, then gazed up at Sonja's father. "I've been in love with her for almost four years....Well, it took me the first year to realize I was in love with her I just.....Don't know, it was strange and new to me. I never saw her as a possible love interest in my life. The time I felt prepared to talk to Yi about how I feel about her, was on our first day at high school....I was a little confused with a conversation I had with her father and I had pushed forward my will to talk to her after school when we were doing homework or just hanging out together. After she found out on that day, that her father had passed away.....I postponed it again and during that time we both grew apart from each other. I got popular under my classmates and the rest of the students after puberty hit me like a truck and I looked like a combination of someone named Tadashi from Big Hero 6 and one boy called Parker from a show called Liv and Maddie....According to them. I never heard of these guys before nor what shows they're in."

"Neither have I, but have you ever stopped maybe for a day or so loving her or even had anything else with another girl?" Mr. Haas asked Jin, which nodded.

"That part of my life was disgusting. I went on many dates with many girls in the hope I would forget about my crush, but that never worked......I could not feel the same feeling I felt for Yi"

"I'm not a relationship expert, but I believe the feeling you've got for Yi isn't just a crush. It's real love" Mr. Haas mentioned. "That's why you have never forgotten her"

"Yeah, I didn't,"

"You probably have fallen for her at some later point in your life like I don't know, after a friendly kiss on your cheek, maybe a lovely comment," The Austrian man mentioned seeing Jin observe the raven-haired girl on the table.

"She needs to know the truth" The Chinese boy mentioned. "Soon or later I have to tell her that," The med student explained the adult, which nodded at the boy staring out at the girls on the dinner table.

"How long have you and Jin been friends?" Sonja asked.

"I don't really know the right answer" Yi responded. "We were very little when we met. My mother and his used to drink tea together. I think around the first grade we started to see each other as friends and we grew closer with the time"

"You two have been friends for so long?" Sonja asked surprised. "Wow"

"Yeah, there was that space of time, that our friendship has been strained at the start of our days at the high school and we drifted apart from each other,"

"Oh......but now you're friends again?" The girl asked earning a nod from Yi.

"Yes"

"What had happened in that time?"

"My father had passed away on our first school away and I couldn't process, what had happened. I began to lock everyone out of my life. I needed help......I just didn't know with who I should talk about it"

"Oh......"

From the kitchen, Jin walked out at the table, where the two girls were having a conversation.

"Is everyone going out tonight?" Jin questioned the blonde girl.

"You mean out at the snow?" Sonja questioned the raven-haired boy, which nodded. "Yes"

"Where are we going?" Yi asked watching Jin shrug his shoulders.

"Her father mentioned something about going sledding as he and Sonja did in the past" Jin answered.

"My father used to take me here when I was a child and we would sled together down the hill," Sonja explained. "Just a few years ago, various colored lights were added to the track giving the people a new aspect"

"That sounds amusing" The Chinese girl admitted earning a nod from the European descendant girl.

"The only difference is guiding a sled is a little hard, because you don't have a steering wheel and for newbies, it might be hard, if not used to it," Mr. Haas said coming out from the kitchen.

"I managed driving an oldtimer with manual gear shift. I don't think sledding will be harder" Jin mentioned making the man snicker.

"Can't wait to see you on the track, boy" Mr. Haas mentioned making his daughter laugh.

"Is it that hard?" Jin asked a little bewildered about the laughter.

"I'm just joking. If you get at the begin of the ride, you won't have a problem"

"Okay," Jin responded, then beside him passed the 14-year-old child of the Haas' family with his portable and looked up at his father.

"Dad, can you help me pass this level?" The boy asked. "I can't manage it"

"Hey my younger cousin has also one of these portables" Jin pointed out at the boy, which looked up at Jin.

"Will you play that level for me?" The boy asked looking up at Jin.

"I can try" Jin answered. "Is this an adventure game?"

"Yeah" The boy answered. "You have to defeat that villain, so you can pass to the last world"

"Alright Ben, I'll try," Jin said sitting down on the chair, followed by the boy pulling another chair close to the Asian descendant boy to watch him play.