11

Chapter 11

The next morning at Urumiqui Peng and Dave sat for breakfast together in the dining hall of the hotel they had spent the night.

"You know with what rice porridge tastes great?" Peng asked looking at the adult, who looked forward at the boy while taking the full spoon into his mouth. "With cinnamon"

"I guess that is your favorite topping too, right?"

"Yeah, but my mother doesn't let me add cinnamon to my breakfast, because it would have more calories than it has normally,"

"She just means it well. She doesn't want you to end up sick from too much sweet"

"I know, my cousin Jin does the same to me when I'm at his parent's house. I've got a little bit too much weight on my body. You've probably seen it too"

"You practice basketball. As long as you practice regularly sports you won't increase your weight. You shouldn't also exaggerate on eating sweet food. Once in a while it doesn't hurt though" The man explained earning a nod from the boy followed by him taking another spoon into his mouth.

"How many hours is our next ride Dave?" Peng questioned taking a big spoon of rice and shove it into his mouth. "Will it be longer, because of being a conventional route?" The boy added looking up at the adult, which started to think about his question, then shrugged his shoulders.

"It's hard to say" Dave admitted unsure about what to answer to the boy. "3-4 days are most likely to be in front of us since we have to stop and overnight because there's no night train on our route"

"Are there other hotels too?"

"Sure, if not, there are other options we can check"

"Okay," Peng said, then watched Dave take out his smartphone to check out on the internet for information for their ride and the boy looked down at his backpack, where he had Jin's smartphone in the net pocket for water bottles, afterward he took the smartphone out to check the display seeing, that it was 8:24. Peng unlocked Jin's smartphone and opened the messages from his cousin to look at the message he sent the last day to see it had been read, but he didn't have an answer. Peng sighed at not having heard anything from Yi and placed the smartphone on the table.

"In twenty minutes there's a train. If we leave now we will make it in time" Dave mentioned looking at Peng, which listened to him.

"I will go to the toilet then before we leave"

"Sure I'll bring my plate away" The adult noted. "I'll wait for you on the front of the restrooms"

"Okay, I'll bring my plate too. I'm done" Peng mentioned picking up his plate along with his drink and the cutlery, waiting for Dave, then Peng moved forward crossing the room, followed by Dave, who before they left picked up Peng's backpack, so they could leave without having to go back again.

It's almost 10 O'clock Jin, Yi and Kai were inside a booked hotel room still sleeping. Jin lied covered with the bedcovers alone in his bed, while on the other bed beside him lied Yi with Kai, which lied in front of her feet. Jin groaned slowly crawling out of the bed while stretching his arms, then he looked at Yi, while scratching his neck with the knuckles of his fingers, then he looked over at Yi seeing her sleeping. Jin smiled enchanted at the sight of the raven-haired girl sleeping, then sat up on the bed placing his legs out of the bed and observed the girl again, then noted Kai lifting his head up yawing loud, then he looked around to see Jin was already awake, then Kai got down on the floor, going towards Jin to greet him.