13

Chapter 13

The trio were still inside the cargo wagon in the next morning each of them lying on the top of a hay cube. Jin who lied with his back against the room turned his back down and felt down on the ground waking up with the fall.

"Ouch," Jin wailed, then sat up on the ground looking out of the open gap to see a green landscape with pine trees as the train was passing by. Jin leaned his back against the hay cub he had fallen off before and crossed his arms behind his head sighing. Jin glanced at Yi, which lied on the hay cube on the other side diagonally to him and across from the open space. Jin noticed the girl had been sleeping with her head over her arms, making him smile ardently and he got up on the top of his hay cube again now lying on his belly, then lied his cheek on the hay with his eyes directed at the open gap, where he could recognize that their train was slowly curving, soon he could see the sun far on the horizon being mirrored on the lake that appeared on the landscape. Jin was amazed by the sight he had at the moment, then he gazed up at Yi, which was asleep, then he reached his arm to her feet, but before he touched it he warped his face unsure if he should wake her up or not. Jin took his arm back and dropped it beside the cube looking down at the floor.

"Why am I hesitating?" Jin questioned himself, then looked back at the girl again, then he sat up looking at Kai, which was resting. "You're acting like a real doofus Jin," Jin told himself, then noticed Kai lifting his head up looking up at the raven-haired boy. "Sorry boy, I didn't mean to wake you up" Kai gazed at the boy normally, then Jin moved closer on his cube to the dog. "Do you think I stand a chance with her?" Jin questioned the dog, which moved his ear forward at him, making Jin raise his left eyebrow unsure what that meant. "Yeah it's weird, I don't have anyone here to talk about this topic, beside you," Jin told the dog, which put his tongue out for panting, then Jin held his hand in front of the dog for him to pick up Jin's scent, then the dog approached the boy and lied his head down on his lap, rolling his eyes up at the boy.

"Nice boy" Jin complimented patting the canine on the head. "Maybe....I should give it a try in telling her how I feel. What do you think, boy?" Jin asked watching Kai lick his nose and raise his head up at Jin. "Well many things can go wrong on this trip.....I mean, I'm not frightened of spending the rest of the trip with Yi together and having the pain from her having reject me, if that would be the case....honestly that would be terrifying." Jin mentioned with a shocked face at the thought of it, while Kai widened his eyes while holding his ears pointed. "Yeah, you're right. Maybe I should wait a little longer?"

"Wouff" The dog barked loud.

"What? Bad idea?" Jin asked observing Kai look behind the boy, then Jin looked back to see the hay cube of Yi suddenly near the open door of the wagon setting the boy in panic. "Yi!" Jin screamed in terror, causing the girl to wake up and cry as she noticed, where she was and she could see their train was passing over a bridge, which was far away from a lake, where the bridge stood.

"Get away from there!" Jin yelled racing at the girl, which got down from the cube which from her jump slide out off the wagon falling down into the lake. Yi's sock got stuck on a metal bar, that was attached to the body of the vehicle, then Yi tried to pull her leg up, but she couldn't.

Jin grabbed Yi on the sides of her belly to help her up, but he also noticed Yi's long sock was attached to the bar.

"My sock is stuck, I can't get up" Yi warned, then Jin placed his hands down on her leg and tried to remove it from the bar.

"Why you're wearing socks in the summer?"

"My feet are always cold" Yi mentioned watching Jin trying his best to help her out.