20

Chapter 20

After almost two hours Jin and Yi had stopped walking on the side of the street to take a break.

"Brrr" Yi replied as she stopped along with her friend, then Jin dropped their shopping bag down and took out a cover to place it over her back.

"It's starting to snow" Jin mentioned looking up at the sky to see small snowflakes fall down from the sky. "Good we still have these covers to protect us....but I just don't know for how long"

"I think now it was a bad idea to leave the camping place"
"It's just snow. We can deal with it. If we need to walk the whole night to avoid being buried alive in the snow, then we do it"

"Good" 

"We're both together in this and I know together we're going to manage this" Jin assured earning a smile from Yi.

The weather ratio started to get worse with the time causing a strong wind to blow against the two friends, that tried hard to fight against it and move forward.

"F....fuck!" Jin barked overwhelmed, then got hit by Yi's cover over his face and stopped along with the girl. Jin took it off, watching Yi freezing, then he helped it placing it around her back and tied it around her neck. "Here," Jin said, then adjusted the cover he placed around his body to avoid freezing, then tried to walk along with Yi.

"Crap!" Yi gasped as the wind blew the two friends hard enough to aggravate their path, then Jin grabbed Yi by her arm trying to pull her behind him, but it wasn't possible. Jin watched Yi shiver from the temperature, then he looked at the shopping bag, where the third cover was and he took it out, followed by the wind blow he fell down on the ground while being pulled by the cover. Jin got up on his knees to watch Yi in front of him holding her hand down, then Jin grabbed her hand and Yi helped the boy up and he placed the cover around Yi to protect her more from the cold.

"Jin, you need to watch for yourself too!" Yi warned followed by Jin placing his arms around Yi, which was rolled together like a sushi roll.

"It's okay" Jin commented rubbing with his hands on Yi to heat her quicker.

"Jin please get the cover off me. You need it too" Yi pleaded the friend, which kept helping the girl to get warm. "Jin, please....do this for me," Yi asked as the friend had looked at her seeing her tragic about his stubbornness. Jin felt his heart aching from seeing Yi's concern about him, then he sighed and removed the cloth from Yi's body and along with her, they placed the cover above their back. The snow kept storming against them making it difficult for the two to move forward on the snow and both embraced each other tightly in the weather desperate about the conditions.

"I'm....s...sorry I brought you out here Yi" Jin apologized watching Yi lie her head on his chest trembling from the negative temperatures. Jin tried to help the girl keep warm by caressing her on the back. "It's all my fault" Jin lamented seeing Yi shook her head slowly.

"N....no.. it'...its...not" Yi stammered from the cold, slowly slipping off Jin's arms, which in shock held her in his arms, then squatted on his knees holding the girl in his arms.

"No! Yi! Please get up, you can't just give up right now!" Jin bawled in panic. Jin used the cover he had given Yi in the first place to give her warm and tried to warm her up with his arms again. Seeing Yi with her eyes closed gave the boy more insecurity and he pulled her closer to him rubbing her on the cover with his arms trying to produce heat for the girl. "Please don't leave me alone here Yi, please don't do that to me" Jin begged starting to shed tears on his eyes frightening the eventual death of his friend. "Help!" Jin shouted echoing around the darkness where nothing was to be seen.