24

Chapter 24

The next day Dave and Peng sat together in the evening on the stairs in front of a small sea in the garden of dreams both drinking from a plastic bottle different flavored milk.

"I feel like buttermilk tastes the same to me," The child told the adult, which drank strawberry-flavored buttermilk.

"I think it's harder to figure it out, because of the fruit flavor. It would be easier, if we would be drinking the natural one to recognize it," Dave mentioned followed by taking a sip from the drink along with Peng and together they watched on the other side citizens stroll around the park passing by a pavilion where a trio of students sat studying with the help of books.

"Miss Burnish hasn't said anything yet about Jin?" Peng asked looking at the adult, which scratched himself on the beard.

"Not yet" The man answered. "I bet in an hour or two we know it"

"That would be great" Peng admitted watching the trio of two girls and a boy studying together. "You're wondering, how I remembered to ask that?"

"Per coincidence.....has it to do something with the students under the pavilion?" Dave asked earning a nod from the boy. "What are Jin and Yi learning at their school?"

"Jin is studying medicine and Yi something with technic. I don't really know, what exactly she's learning,"

"Okay and how long are they going to be learning their courses?" Dave asked. "Any idea?" Dave asked seeing Peng shrug his shoulders. "Oh, alright"

"They have just started last year. That's the only thing I know" Peng mentioned. "Hey what could we give Yi and Jin, when they first get here?"

"What do you mean?" Dave asked. "Like food?"

"Maybe. I don't know. A welcome gift or something,"
"We could check the next store, but I think the first thing they want is to rest their mind and body. Mostly, if we're planning to go up to the Himalayas,"

"I think you're right Dave" Peng confessed. "They have been looking for us non-stop. They stopped to overnight, wherever it was possible, but during the day they have never stopped to look for us. They really need that break,"

"We've got time. We can even go when both are resting and surprise them after it" Dave suggested.
"I think that's a better idea" Peng agreed.

The Haas family sat all inside the family SUV along with Yi and Jin, which sat on the back of the car together with Sonja and Ben sat behind them on a separate car seat, which was open for him. Jin lied with his head against the window with closed eyes, behind him on the shoulder Yi had her head leaned on him, also resting along the ride.
"I wonder how anyone can get a well bit of sleep when sleeping in the car" Sonja mentioned glancing at the Chinese students next to her. "Mostly when lying on the window"
"They must still be tired from yesterday," Mrs. Haas said making Sonja nod.
"I believe yesterday both have come really closer together.....at least they seemed more affectionate about being closer to the other"
"I've noticed on their arrival down at the track" The mother mentioned. "They don't need anything more to realize they like each other" The mother admitted glancing back at the pair, hearing the soft snoring of one of the two students. Sonja saw on Yi's pocket on her pants her smartphone and took it out carefully and Yi opened up her eyes and noticed Sonja taking his smartphone out.

"What are you doing?" Yi asked and Sonja gave her the smartphone back.

"I was doing you a favor" Sonja mentioned and Yi noticed, she had been lying on Jin's shoulder, then smiled a little amatory and looked at Sonja.