4

Chapter 4

Jin was leaning with his arms on the top of the wall of the roof looking up at the billboards attached to the side of the buildings around the building where he was on top off. Behind him Yi came from the exit to the roof, walking towards the raven-haired boy and stopped beside him.

"Good evening" Yi greeted looking at Jin, which glanced at her smiling shortly. "Did something happen?"

"No" Jin responded. "I.....remembered before about the day we found out your father had died."

"Oh......why?" Yi asked seeing Jin shrug his shoulders.

"Remember that day, when you saw your dad on the stairs before we left for school?"

"Sure"

"And remember, when I came a little later and explained to you, that he had said something about, that I should take care of you?"

"Yes.....wait, you're not thinking about, that he killed himself or something?" Yi asked gazing seriously at the friend. "My grandparents said, it was a heart attack"

"I know, but I still don't get it why he said that on the same day as he died. It's like he knew he was going to die"

"Maybe that was a coincidence?" Yi questioned Jin. "Or he knew it was going to happen and.....he wanted to make sure I would be alright?"

"But why did he give me that envelope for you?" Jin questioned himself, making Yi tilt her head.

"What envelope?"

"This.....oh I've forgotten it down in my room" Jin mentioned slapping himself on the head. "Sorry"

"It's alright, what's with the envelope"

"He gave me that envelope and told me to give it to you when you get sixteen, but I forgot it and I just found it down in the drawers of my bed"

"Oh okay and what's in the letter?"

"I don't know, it's meant for you to open, not me"

"I'm kinda curious. What could the letter be?" Yi questioned looking at Jin, which gazed down at the streets neutrally, then Yi placed her hand on his shoulder looking at the boy. "Are you alright?"

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier" Jin apologized turning around to look at the girl. "I preferred to tell you this, because I didn't want you to get angry at me if you would found this out. Although it's my fault I've forgotten about the envelope"

"It's okay Jin, I still can see that envelope. It doesn't matter, if it is on my birthday or any other day" Yi mentioned making Jin smile.

"Also I didn't tell you how I felt on that day after his dad and the fact he had given me the envelope. You were devastated on that day and I thought if I would have told you that you would get mad at me"

"You did the right thing. You just wanted to spare me from more pain"

"Yeah I can't imagine how hard it was for you to lose a family member. The pain you have felt. It sure was more painful than the pain I got from seeing my little sis heartbroken" The Chinese-descendant boy mentioned looking at Yi, which was looking along with him at the buildings in front of them.

"You won't believe how awful it felt back in time"

"Really bad" Jin commented observing Yi smile a little at his agreement. Jin tapped with his fingers on the wall as the two stood there now in quiet silence, the only thing they could hear were the cars down the street. Jin rolled his eyes at the teenager, then spoke at her again. "You know you can count on me"