5

Chapter 5

The next Monday morning Jin entered into the kitchen of his parents' house already dressed in his usual day outfit to find in the middle of the dinner tablet a plate with a large pile of scallion pancakes with a note in front of the pancakes in blue ink. Jin took two plates out of the counter leaned on the wall and placed them in front of the chair, then took from the drawer behind him two pairs of chopsticks, then placed them on the table and sat down on his chair picking out with his chopsticks one pancake onto his plate, then rolled it together and looked at the note his mother left. 

"I'm with Mrs. Ping. Be back in two hours"

Jin rolled his pancake together then took it with his hand to take a bite of it, then looked at the empty chair beside him, where his younger cousin is supposed to seat. Jin swallowed down the bit of his food, then got up from his chair walking across the living room to a room, where the guest room was for visitors with the door wide open.

"Wake up sleepyhead," Jin said into the darkroom, waiting for him to respond, but he didn't hear anything.

Jin pressed on the light switch to turn the light on to see the bed was covered and Peng was nowhere to be seen.

"Okay?" Jin said to himself turning the light off again walking back passing by his room, then he wide his eyes as he remembered something and entered into the room walking to his bed, where on the night table he had his alarm clock and under it lied a blank sheet.

"Where did I leave that letter again?" Jin asked himself while passing his hand behind his neck looking around his room, then he spotted on his desk across the room the envelope lying on the table, then Jin smiled and walked up to the table and grabbed the envelope to look at it. On the table he had left a sheet with a few sentences on it, then he sat down on the chair to glance at the sentences, that were written by him.

"It only took me seconds to realize I was into you"

Jin shook his head as he read the first sentence of the sheet, that lied in front of his nose.

"Look Jin, what he's doing to that cat" A thirteen-year-old Yi spoke stopping Jin from continuing to walk as she showed Jin another boy around their age pulling on the cat's tail, while the second one held the cat by its legs causing it to whine in pain.

"Why is no one doing anything?" Jin asked looking around to see a few other students present, but no one showing any interest, in what was happening.

"We gotta help the cat," Yi told Jin, which shook his head.

"No, we're going to call a teacher. It's easier" Jin mentioned watching Yi frown and walk towards the two pre-teens. "Yi, no!" The raven-haired boy ordered watching Yi tramp toward the two boys, then she pushed one of the boys, which held the cat on its legs away making him fall down and pulling the cat down behind him. The cat managed to remove one of his paws out of his hands and hit the boy on his face scratching him.

"Ouch!"

"Hey who do you think you are?" The second boy asked looking angrily at Yi.

"You can't treat animals like that" Yi mentioned crossing her arms. "They can feel the pain, didn't you hear the cat crying?"

"Who says that?" The boy asked. "The cat?"

"He was crying"

"He was crying," The boy said with a mocking tone. "Animals can't cry, they're animals.