Football

"Sup guys!" I greeted the jocks at my table. That's right, MY table. "Sup Abe." Jack greeted me with a handshake.

"Sup Aubrey." Logan greeted me as I
sat next to him. "Did you hear about the new guy?" Jack asked me. I shook my head no, stuffing my face with pizza.

"A new guy just came here and he already tried out and got excepted on our team today. He should be here any minute." Chase informed me. I nodded my head.

"I guess we have fresh meat then." I smirked. Just as I was reaching over and stealing a fry from Logan's plate, a guy walked up to our table. I'm guessing that's the new guy. "Hey! Get your own fries!" Logan said, swatting my hand away.

"I am." I said as I ate a few of his fries. I took another one and took a bite. Before I could take another one, he snatched it out my hand and ate it. "Hey! I was eating that!" He laughed.

"You were eating what's rightfully mine." He chuckled. I rolled my eyes and turned to the guy standing awkwardly. "You can sit next to me if you want." I said to the boy. He looked pretty decent. He had shaggy brown hair and piercing green eyes with flecks of gold hidden in them. Who am I kidding, he's beautiful.

"I'm Matthew." He said with a smile. "Aubrey." I said returning the smile. Logan reached over my arm and took a bite of my pizza. "Dude!" I screamed, snatching back my pizza.

Before he could reply, the bell rang, signalling that lunch was over. "You coming to practice today?" Logan asked me. "Of course! I haven't missed a single one. Why start now?"
He shrugged.

"See ya later Aubrey." Logan said while giving me an ear to ear smile. We did our handshake and walked out separate ways down the hallways.

††††††

"Get those knees up!" I yelled as I walked around the guys, paying attention to see if anyone was slacking. I'm like the coach of the team. I help with all the practices and getting them ready for their games.

I examined Scott as he started to slowly bring his knees farther down than they should. "Keep those legs up Williams!" Scott rolled his eyes but followed my directions. "Okay! Team up and start your game after you finish stretching!" I called, sitting next to the coach.

After a few minutes of stretching, they played a game and I watched. When they finished, I walked over there, grabbing the football. "Matthew and Logan! Front and center please." They walked up to me and waited patiently.

"You see this football?" I asked. They nodded. "This football wasn't thrown at its best ability today." I stated. I took a step back and positioned myself to throw the football. "Watch closely." I threw the football and it didn't go very far. "See that?" I asked them. They nodded once more.

Scott threw the football back and I threw it once more, this time watching it go a far distance. "See that? The first time I threw it, that's how you guys were. I didn't go a far distance did it?" They shook their heads. "Position your shoulders like I did and throw the football." I said, handing it to Logan first. He nodded and threw it. I nodded approvingly and Matthew went next.

"Beautiful!" I clapped my hands together and looked at the time. "Okay, hit the locker rooms and we'll discuss when your first game of the season is."