Duhh

I walked into the cafeteria and the noise grew quiet.. Everyone had to make his awkward, didn't they? I sat down at my usual table and earned a couple glares from some of the wannabes and shrugged it off. I guess I'm a wannabe now though..

"Hey Aubrey." Matthew greeted me. Wow, he's actually talking to me?? What a surprise considering he doesn't necessarily like to talk to me. I guess this whole appearance thing did work..

"Sup, I mean, hi Matthew." He smiled. "You look nice today."
"Are you saying that I don't look nice any other day?" I asked, slightly offended. Just because I'm wearing something a little more feminine doesn't mean I don't look decent any other time. He shook his head.

"No, that's not what I meant."
"Better not have." I mumbled, biting into my slice of pizza. I reached for my drink but Logan beat me to it. "Logan!" I screamed. He continued to drink my drink. "You're such a ba-"
"Profanity!" Logan screeched. I laughed.

††††

As I was walking to my locker to grab all of my stuff, I felt someone behind me. I turned around, and sure enough, Matthew was standing behind me. "Hey." He said, scratching the back of his neck. "Hey." I replied.

"So, I was wondering if you wanted to go out sometime." I shrugged.  "Sure I guess so." Confidence game is strong thoe. He smiled. "Pick you up at eight?" He asked. I nodded.

I walked out of the school doors only to be face to face with a screaming Tasha. "Oh my gosh!!! Matthew asked you out!!" She screeched. "Yeah! I guess this makeover really is beneficial..."