New Aspect

"Hey Aubrey!" Tasha called as I was walking to my car. I spun around and looked at her, waiting for her to say something. "Just to let you know, Logan was always mine!" She called.

"That's nice! You know why? Because you can have him! Before I forget, only my friends call me Aubrey,  you can't say my name at all!" I called back. Did she really think I would care? I just am so sick and tired of all this. I just don't even give a crap anymore.

I got in my car and drove to Marissa's house. She skipped practice today so I couldn't talk to her.

As I rounded the corner and pulled  into her driveway I saw her sitting on one of the steps of the stairs. She gave me a genuine smile and a wave. I parked my car and stepped out, letting the cool crisp air nip at my skin. I forgot to wear my football jacket to practice today so I've been rewarded by the cold air hitting my skin.

I sat down next to her and sighed. "Why weren't you at practice?" I asked. She shrugged. "I just didn't have the energy today." I nodded and she stood up, opening the door.

"You must be cold, let's go inside." I stood up and we walked inside of her house. I took a moment to admire the complex structure and beautiful furniture. Her house was really nice. "You want something to eat or drink?" She asked. I simply shook my head and we sat on her gray leather couch.

Something was off about her. She needed something... I knew there was something on her chest.  "What's up? What are you trying to hold in?" She sighed and looked at me with tired eyes. "You saw what happened in lunch right?" I merely shook my head. I was outside for lunch.

"I was embarrassed. I was embarrassed so much." She let out a dry humorless laugh. "I thought I had a chance with Jack ya know? We were always cool. I finally muster up some courage to go and talk to him, and you know what happens? The whole table tells me to leave. They all said they didn't like me and that I wasn't welcome and how bad of a person I am. The thing is, Jack didn't say not one thing." At this point I could see the tears welling up in her eyes. I wrapped my arms around her shoulders and gave her a tight hug which she returned. I'm not really a hugger but she needs some type of comfort at least. "I thought I had a chance. I thought I'd actually have something for once. I guess it just doesn't work out like that."

"I'm here for you." I whispered.

★★★

The next day I woke up to the smell of food. I sat up and rubbed my eyes. Wait, what? I looked down at the gray couch and last night flooded back to me. Oh....

I stood up and walked over to the smell. Marissa stood at the stove, her hair in a towel and a pan in her hand. She noticed my presence and turned around, giving me a smell smile. "Good morning. I left you a shirt and some shorts to change into. You can take a shower if you'd like. Everything you need for hair and makeup is in my room. I'll be making breakfast."

"Thank you." I said and walked back in the living room, grabbing the outfit she thankfully gave me and walked up the stairs to the shower. I grabbed a washcloth and a towel and took a shower.

When I got out I put the outfit on and instantly frowned. A pink shirt and short blue shorts....

I shrugged the feeling off and went to her room. She had a mirror on top of her dresser and there was tons of makeup all lined up. She had a king-sized bed in the middle of the room with a nightstand next to it. Her walls were painted lavender and had little flower designs on the edges. You could easily tell it was her room.

It looked so....

Princessey...

Almost child like..

I sat down at her dresser and looked at all the makeup. Most of this stuff I've never even heard of.. I took a simple eye liner and mascara with a natural eye shadow. Something not very noticeable but pleasurable.

When I finished I brushed my hair out and put it in a simple ponytail. I usually never have my hair in a ponytail but I actually look... Nice and presentable today with everything going on.

I walked down stairs and Marissa smiled. "Don't you look pretty." She coed. I rolled my eyes. "This is only a one time thing." She smiled and gave me a breakfast sandwich wrapped up in a paper towel and took Hera in her hand. "We have to go. Don't wanna be late. I think you should borrow a pair of my sandals. You'd look nice. You don't have practice today either."

I shrugged and she threw me a pair of her sandals. I looked at them skeptically and she smiled. "Why do you have sandals with a heel? That makes like almost no sense... I'm not wearing these."

"Yes you are, we have to go. You can change in the car or something but we have to go. I think you look better with the sandals though." We walked out the door and I grabbed my sneakers and got in my car. How am I suppose to change when I'm driving? Ohhhh...  She set me up!

Oh what ever.

We drove to the school and she met me at my locker. "We have a busy day today, and we start with Matthew and Logan."