ch9

9. Friends

"Pfft. Hahahahaha!" Ignoring things like first impression or his dignity, CopperPlateKing leaned on his spear as he laughed out loud.

"...= =+" Bai XiaoYu didn't think his name was weird at all. Calling himself CopperPlateKing, why didn't this Knight just call himself SilverKing or GoldKing.

"Haha...Sorry, you look very cat-like...Your name's a cat and you have a pet cat. Haha..." The other explained as he continued laughing. It's a wonder he's still got the breath for talking.

"...Thanks." His parents used to say he had a cat's face as well. They'd constantly pet his head and jokingly asked if they should change his name to Bai XiaoMao (Bai Kitten). While XiaoYu didn't think he looked like a cat at all, except his eyes were just a tiny bit too big, he still thought it was a type of compliment.

"Ahem...So, Lucky, are you grinding zombies for experience?" Not knowing how to thank XiaoYu, CopperPlateKing felt bad for laughing and changed the topic.

"Yea, for a mission." It's still a little weird to hear others call him Lucky.

"You can call me CopperPlate. You...Aren't you afraid of zombies?" Looking at XiaoYu's awkward expression, CopperPlateKing thought he probably didn't like this nickname. But he didn't want to add on the "Cat" behind it. Saying that to this cat-like face will make him burst out laughing again. It'd make him imagine it. Haha...If that's the case, he'll just have to remove the "King" from his name.

"I'm not." While they're quite disgusting, he got used to it after a while.

"Just like that dead bastard." CopperPlateKing tsked.

"...= =+"

"Oh, I'm not saying you're like the zombies. I'm talking about a friend who's not afraid of zombies. That bastard actually left me alone in the lowest level of the cave and ran off himself...blahblahblah."

After silently listening to CopperPlateKing complain, XiaoYu finally figured out why he's in the Zombie Cave even though he's afraid of them.

CopperPlateKing had received a quest to gather medicine ingredients from a group of NPCs. One of the quests had the Everlasting Heart as a catalyst. After looking it up on the forums, he discovered that it's only dropped by the Level 50 boss found in the lowest level of the Zombie Cave - the Zombie King.

At that time, he flew into a rage. The body's already rotten. How can its heart not rot as well? It's not logical! He'd wanted to abandon the quest. CopperPlateKing wasn't afraid of anything in the world, except for scary and disgusting things. When he saw the images of the Zombie Cave on the forums, he'd lost all desire to continue. After all, the Everlasting Heart didn't have a 100% drop rate. Who knew how many days he'd be stuck boiling in that filthy, stinking Zombie Cave?

However, an Assassin named NonMetaAssassin, CopperPlateKing's friend who's also a friend in real life, didn't agree with him. He too had accepted the quest alongside CopperPlateKing. Even if CopperPlateKing abandoned the quest, CopperPlate will have to accompany him as he grinded for the Everlasting Heart. They'd been partying together ever since they entered the game.

CopperPlateKing originally planned to buy the heart. He'd roamed the markets of all the four main cities and even posted a request for one whole week. He still couldn't get half of what they needed.