ch38

38. Hateful People Are Everywhere

CopperPlate and NonMeta had evening classes. As soon as the celebrations ended, they rushed off with a hasty goodbye. The entire party had a long day, so those who needed to log off logged off.

Bai XiaoYu was tasked with the duty of selling off the pile of random objects, since he now had a skill to increase gold received from selling.

"Remember to go for your Job Change afterwards, XiaoYu." Just as XiaoYu was pouring out the items to be sold to the NPC, a message reached his ears. That deep and rich voice of HereticKing was so very soothing.

"Why?"

"Hehe. I knew it. Look at your levels." While HereticKing can't see XiaoYu then, he could already imagine that befuddled expression.

"Huh? 50! Already?" XiaoYu was stunned the moment he opened up his stats. How did his Level rise so quickly?

"The last two quests gave us 400,000 EXP." HereticKing had done a quick calculation. It should've been enough for XiaoYu to level up. A quick tap into his Friends tab proved the guess to be correct.

"I see. I'll go now." XiaoYu accepted the bag of coins the NPC held out to him, politely thanked the other, then followed his memory to where the Job Change Centre was.

"Do you still remember our promise?"

"Mn. You'll be the first I notify." While XiaoYu was always a klutz when it came to matters regarding himself, he'd do his very best when it's something he promised others he'd do. That's one of the Bai family rules.

"I'll wait for your good news."

******

The second Job Change quest wasn't hard at all. It's just as troublesome as the first Job Change. Only, the type of monsters he needed to kill increased. 100 mid-tier Zombies, 100 high-tier Zombies and 100 mid-tier Jiangshi.

However, XiaoYu was very glad it was a kill quest. He'd rather kill some monsters so the tiny cat could pick up some items than a fetch quest or a chain of errands.

He knew the Zombie Cave like the back of his hand, so much so he could walk from the capital gates to the cave entrance with his eyes closed. Not that he'd be that bored as to try that out. The moment he stepped out of the South Gate, he summoned his Peco Peco mount and head straight for the Zombie Cave. The journey which previously took 15 minutes of walking would now take an approximate of 7 minutes. It's so convenient having a mount.

Just as that thought went through XiaoYu's mind, he heard hoofbeats coming from behind. He didn't bother turning around. It's probably some player who's also in a rush. Thus, he nudged the Peco Peco to the side and made way for the person coming up behind him.

Never in his wildest dreams would XiaoYu have thought this subconscious polite gesture would help him dodge a direct hit to his back.

Even though he avoided a critical hit, the swift blade still scored a wound on his arm. Bright red blood instantly gushed out. -200.

"Player BattleOverlord attacked you. PK mode activated. Your ID's colour will not change if you attack any other player in the opponent's team in the next 10 minutes."